Have you seen the new Wyeast packaging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beergolf

Reaction score
Just stopped to pick up some yeast and saw the new package design from Wyeast. LHBS had some of the older designs and somemof the newer designed packages. Just came in this week.

image.jpg

Bought one the other day....had me all messed up trying to find the strain information. Although it's in plain sight it took me a bit!! Bought 1272, and have a yeast starter going now.

I picked up some 3787 in the new package Sunday and have it cooking in a starter as I write this. Did take a few seconds to spot the white-on-red text with the strain/date as I sorted through the yeast bins at my 2nd alternate LHBS (it was a heck of a nice day for a ride in my S4 :))

I'd go with black text, but whatever.

Anyone notice the nutrient pack was a lot easier to burst than the classic smack-packs?
I mean I usually have a knock-down/dragged-out fight with the old package, but this one popped on the first shot...

Cheers! :mug:

That is great news, I never enjoy the fight with the nutrient pack.

(me in my kitchen looking insane banging the table yelling at a little bag)
"are you done!"
"are you cracked yet!"
"no?"

Back