Thinking of Doing a 20 Minute Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoHeart

TwoHeart
Reaction score
This weekend...

- 5 lbs Pilsen Light DME
- 1 lb Crystal 10

- .5 oz Galaxy (20 min)
- .5 oz Galaxy (10 min)
- .5 Citra (5 min)
- .5 Citra (1 min)

- US-05

Looking for something a little like Kona's Big Wave with a tad more ABV.

I do these short boil extract brews often. It looks fine to me. You plan to chill it pretty quickly with an IC or a counterflow chiller, right?

I do these short boil extract brews often. It looks fine to me. You plan to chill it pretty quickly with an IC or a counterflow chiller, right?

Unfortunately, I don't own either atm. I'm planning on a partial boil with this one. I can usually get these down to pitching temp in about 20-25 minutes with an ice bath, salts, and a bit of working the kettle back and forth...

You think I might get a bit too much hop utilization without a quicker cool down?

I think you'll be fine but would move all the citra to the 1 minute mark. I think it will be OK, but worst case scenario you've brewed yourself a nice session IPA. Brew on!

I think you'll be fine but would move all the citra to the 1 minute mark. I think it will be OK, but worst case scenario you've brewed yourself a nice session IPA. Brew on!

Session IPA? I can think of worse things to drink. ;)

Thanks for your input brother.

Back