• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to buy 10 gallon stainless steel kettle and burner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jejorgen

Reaction score
Like it says I want to buy a stainless steel kettle and a burner. I would like the kettle to be 10 gallon does not need to have a ball valve. I also would like a burner that can handle 5-8 gallon batches. I live in north east Wisconsin.

I went with the Bayou Classic 1044 44-Quart Stainless-Steel Stockpot, works great for 5-6 gal. At 8 I think you'd be at risk for constant boil overs. Looking back I wish I found a pot that had gallon markings in it already.

For my burner I use Bayou Classic KAB4 High Pressure Banjo Cooker. Never disappointed in it but it will destroy a full propane tank in 3-4 hours if you have it going full tilt.

Not to sound like a fanboy, but I like Blichmann for the burner. All stainless, great on propane, and is whisper quiet. I love mine.

Que the Blichmann horde in 3...2...1.......

If you are looking for cheap, but good, checkout Bayou Classic's website and also search on Amazon for Bayou Classic. Usually you can get the free prime shipping even with the larger sized packages the Bayou kettles come in. They sell burners as well.

I went with the Bayou Classic 1044 44-Quart Stainless-Steel Stockpot, works great for 5-6 gal. At 8 I think you'd be at risk for constant boil overs. Looking back I wish I found a pot that had gallon markings in it already.

For my burner I use Bayou Classic KAB4 High Pressure Banjo Cooker. Never disappointed in it but it will destroy a full propane tank in 3-4 hours if you have it going full tilt.

Get one of their 10psi regulators that normally comes on the SP10. Takes 5 minutes longer to boil but eats a third of the propane. You get a more efficient burn also.

Back