Pouring wine from a keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryryonline

Reaction score
My wife gave me the green light to build a keezer for commercial and homebrews (yay!). I built it with room for 3 taps. I have two Perlick 650ss in for the beer. However, I thought about using the 3rd spot as a wine tap.

I've read that to tap wine I need nitro instead of CO2. I've also read that I need a specific tap or at least one wine rated (like a Perlick 630SS). The issue I find is there isn't much out there other than kegged wine.

My wife has something called a NitroTap that comes with little disposable nitro canisters that hook up to the hose. The hose is attached to a cork that goes right into the top of a 3L bottle. I was wondering if there is a way to modify this to work with a tap. Or, possibly, setting up a wine tap pulling wine directly from large bottles rather than a keg.

Has anyone setup something like this?

What about something like THIS?

It's a hand pump that a lot of people here use for cask ale. Grab a bucket sized airlock bung and shove a hose through it.

31RoY-Kfg2L.jpg

You could also rig up something with one of these if you use gallons of wine or pour the bottle into a growler. Hook up nitro instead of CO2 and pop off the picnic tap plug into your regular tap. good to go.
https://growltap.com/product/growltap-without-a-co2-dispenser/

I use c02 to push my wine, but I don't have my wine carbonated. I have the gas off, unless I need to turn it on to 1-2 psi to push the wine through the tap.

Back