Window AC Maintenance Question Walk-In

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nealperkins

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
OK, this is the second question:

To be able to 'properly' clean the 'innards' I must slide the innards out of the case. Right?

So, I'm guessing that the innards slide to the inside for removal. Right?

But, the casing seems to really secured to the guts of the unit. So, the newbie question becomes, does the entire AC need to be removed??

Hoping not ...

Thanks!

Most of the window AC units are secured to the guts with small screws. You will need to slide the whole unit out to clean it, then take the screws out to really clean it. I typically use some AC foam cleaner to clean the fins, then rinse off with a hose. There are several you tubes on cleaning window AC units.

Most of the window AC units are secured to the guts with small screws. You will need to slide the whole unit out to clean it, then take the screws out to really clean it. I typically use some AC foam cleaner to clean the fins, then rinse off with a hose. There are several you tubes on cleaning window AC units.

+1 to this.

I only usually take mine apart to clean about once every 5 years. Other than that I just spray it out with a hose or air compressor through the vents about once a year and once every couple of months I take the front off to vacuum the coils.

When I worked in the TV repair shop(I repaired electronics for a living) I would help the appliance guy now and then. He would remove the case screws, slide the unit out then put a bag over any controls and pressure wash it.

Back