Cleaning Window AC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nealperkins

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This won't be fun, I'm sure.
The directions said to remove the AC (slide out from the case) and clean the guts of the AC yearly. Well, of course, I didn't do that so now 4 years in it must be dirty and is shutting off, I believe to thermal overload.
Question: Would you have any advice about how to actually do that and what a cleaning process would look like??
Thank you!

Get a can of dust-off and a small vacuum attachment. Work outdoors. Maybe just using a shop vac blowing & sucking would work. You just want to get rid of accumulated dust & leaves.

Dust mainly. Post a pic. There are probably screws holding a cover on the unit. Where is it venting? You may need to rinse/replace the air filter.

at work we just use an air compressor line to blow all the crap out of condensors when convenient and when not we have a tank of nitrogen to blow everything out, hope this helps

Latest posts

Back