ITC2000 Wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHvanBommel

Reaction score
So i'm not sure why this isn't working but when I wired my ITC2000 to my fridge, it doesn't turn the compressor on. Can someone gut check me?

Thanks!

UPDATE:

The wiring is actually really straight forward. Power in, Load (black wire) into Terminal 6, Neutral (White wire) into Terminal 5. For the refrigerator Load (black wire) to Terminal 3, Neutral (White wire) to Terminal 4. Tie your grounds and make sure to set HC to C and CF to F in the configuration (unless you want C)

ITC-2000wiring.jpg

I think you have an extra "load from power" wire in there. Basically, the 2 wires from the refrigerator should go to the 2 "loading" posts on the ITC-2000, and the neutral/hot from the power should be connected to the 2 posts labeled "110V/AC".. at least, that's how I would wire it. I don't have an ITC-2000, so I'm just going by what I see in your pictures.

Yes, I waited long enough, listened to the relay click over, and still nothing. weird eh?

I think you have an extra "load from power" wire in there. Basically, the 2 wires from the refrigerator should go to the 2 "loading" posts on the ITC-2000, and the neutral/hot from the power should be connected to the 2 posts labeled "110V/AC".. at least, that's how I would wire it. I don't have an ITC-2000, so I'm just going by what I see in your pictures.
I think you've got the right idea.

This is wrong. Only the hot feed to the refrigerator goes to the relay ("loading" posts), the other side of the relay gets hot from the main power feed, as OP has it. Neutral from the refrigerator connects to neutral from the power feed, also as OP appears to have it....
Looks correctly wired, although I can't clearly see the hot wire from the refrigerator connecting to the relay terminal in the photo, but you have it marked as connected.

I've got to disagree a little on this. Based on the diagram pictured, the ITC2000, unlike its cousin STC, actually passes the HOT AND Neutral from its 110VAC power IN terminals to its "Loading" terminals as a switched HOT and a Neutral. The refrigerator could be fully powered from terminals 3 & 4.

The fridge is not currently connected to a HOT and a Neutral. It's connected to two Neutrals.

Although not the cleanest wiring, the quickest fix is to first completely remove the HOT wire from terminal 4 and cinch block and swap the wires between terminals 5 and 6. The fridge Neutral doesn't HAVE to run through the controller.

All wires are crimped properly, I went back and looked at it again and Raoulliii is right, the Neutral and Hot are sent through the ITC, I pulled the neutral off the terminal block for the fridge and put it on the load and it worked! Thanks guys! Will post a picture with the appropriate wiring for future reference.

All wires are crimped properly, I went back and looked at it again and Raoulliii is right, the Neutral and Hot are sent through the ITC, I pulled the neutral off the terminal block for the fridge and put it on the load and it worked! Thanks guys! Will post a picture with the appropriate wiring for future reference.
Great. However, it sounds like you're switching the neutral, which is not best practice. If you want to post for future reference as correct wiring, I would suggest configuring the wiring such that the HOT is switched.

yeah, went back and rewired. It's much cleaner when it's all done. Also, works like a dream. The Alarm should be pretty easy to figure out, I didn't check it with my meter to see what it outputs... It doesn't say it in the manual.

ITC-2000wiring.jpg

I've got to disagree a little on this. Based on the diagram pictured, the ITC2000, unlike its cousin STC, actually passes the HOT AND Neutral from its 110VAC power IN terminals to its "Loading" terminals as a switched HOT and a Neutral. The refrigerator could be fully powered from terminals 3 & 4.

The fridge is not currently connected to a HOT and a Neutral. It's connected to two Neutrals.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. I didn't look closely enough at the schematic on the unit. I saw what I expected to see, rather than what was actually there.

Brew on :mug:

Yeah, Me too... Was so deep inside it i didn't look hard enough at the schematic.

The 2000 is a kinda PITA... I have a GDM with the fan ...i was using the ITC1000 and had it rigged to control the fan too. I tried swapping the 2000 in so I had the alarm too...well it’s all jacked since the 2000 is wired internally different and I already modded the GDM to only run the fan with the compressor...can’t figure out how to make the 2000 do the same thing.

Back