Going All Grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gooders - do you currently brew/have brewing equipment or are you starting fresh ?

I wouldn't say that you would require a mash tun with a monitored boiler. While handy I don't think it is necessary and may drive up the cost of the kit.

A decent mash tun will keep the temperature consistent on it's own for the duration of mashing. I find that mine keeps my temperature within 1 Celsius over 75 minutes.

If that's something you want, the kit looks complete aside from bottles of course.

Hi

I have some gear for basic brewing and meads i have made before, glass carboy, buckets, bubblers etc. just wondered if the kit seemed good value and if there is anything that someone with experience could see was missing.

thanks

G

It would appear to have all of the major stuff you could need for AG... just seems a little pricey. I basicly bought myself an AG kit (minus the heated mash-tun) piece by piece along with a nice new fancy Kettle for about what that costs(probably cheaper).

So the Pecto boiler is the plastic thing stacked on the bottom in the back. Looking at closer up pics on the site it appears to also have a pretty cheap looking plastic valve. Maybe it's just me but for that much money I'd get a stainless kettle with proper ball valve and a burner (or heating element). You can buy the mash tun separately, or put one together yourself for way less money. Do you have space constraints?

Latest posts

Back