The Glory of a Second Fridge - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > The Glory of a Second Fridge

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 06:47 AM   #1
Torchiest
 
Torchiest's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2006
Houston, TX
Posts: 1,761
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts



SWMBO found a free local fridge on freecycle about a week ago, and it's in perfect shape. Tonight I finally got to see it in action. It's just the right size to fit two 6gal carboys inside, and the temp is locked in the mid 60s. It's a thing of beauty to see those puppies in there, and I'm getting excited to start cranking out the brews again. Now I just need a third fridge...
__________________
WORLD DOMINATION BEER
Kegged
#48 Black Helicopter Porter #49 Pikemen Porter
Up Next:
#50 Imperious IPA
#51 Razz Buried

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #2
RockfordWhite
Recipes 
 
Dec 2007
Posts: 449
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts


Dont forget another chest freezer for grains though....

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:32 PM   #3
stee6043
Recipes 
 
Mar 2008
Michigan
Posts: 12
Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts


Locked in the mid 60's??? Around here we would call that a heater! I can't wait until it warms up and I can stop using a space heater to keep my fermentor at 70. Congrats on the fridge. If you want to save some money on electricity send me your carboys...my basement is 54 right now!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #4
Torchiest
 
Torchiest's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2006
Houston, TX
Posts: 1,761
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts


We're about to have a heat wave here in Texas. Gonna get into the 80s around these parts, and south Texas is going to hit the 100s. I know, it's insane. So yeah, the fridge is necessary! In the depths of winter (all two months of it) I can keep extra carboys outside, but for summertime I'll be limited to just two in the fridge, although I could probably get away with having secondaries in the spare bathroom.
__________________
WORLD DOMINATION BEER
Kegged
#48 Black Helicopter Porter #49 Pikemen Porter
Up Next:
#50 Imperious IPA
#51 Razz Buried

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:13 PM   #5
Torchiest
 
Torchiest's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2006
Houston, TX
Posts: 1,761
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchiest
SWMBO found a free local fridge on freecycle about a week ago, and it's in perfect shape. Tonight I finally got to see it in action. It's just the right size to fit two 6gal carboys inside, and the temp is locked in the mid 60s. It's a thing of beauty to see those puppies in there, and I'm getting excited to start cranking out the brews again. Now I just need a third fridge...
I got a third fridge about three weeks ago from SWMBO's parents, after they bought a new one. I think fridge collecting might become my new hobby. Now I just need a mini-fridge kegerator...
__________________
WORLD DOMINATION BEER
Kegged
#48 Black Helicopter Porter #49 Pikemen Porter
Up Next:
#50 Imperious IPA
#51 Razz Buried

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:14 AM   #6
mr_goodwrench
 
mr_goodwrench's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2008
Auburn, GA
Posts: 888
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts


Our fridge has started to leak from the ice maker when it is not making ice. This morning SWMBO walked into the kitchen all groggy from sleep and stepped in a puddle of cold water. She told me its time to buy a new fridge and move that one to the garage for beer!

Far be it from me to disobey SWMBO!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsPaul View Post
We make beer in buckets with toilet parts and coolers.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 12:18 AM   #7
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png
 
BierMuncher's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2007
St. Louis, MO
Posts: 12,415
Liked 798 Times on 438 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_goodwrench
...She told me its time to buy a new fridge and move that one to the garage for beer...
You should renew your vows...immediately.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:11 AM   #8
Torchiest
 
Torchiest's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2006
Houston, TX
Posts: 1,761
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_goodwrench
Our fridge has started to leak from the ice maker when it is not making ice. This morning SWMBO walked into the kitchen all groggy from sleep and stepped in a puddle of cold water. She told me its time to buy a new fridge and move that one to the garage for beer!

Far be it from me to disobey SWMBO!
I don't think there has ever been a more appropriate occasion for "yes, dear."
__________________
WORLD DOMINATION BEER
Kegged
#48 Black Helicopter Porter #49 Pikemen Porter
Up Next:
#50 Imperious IPA
#51 Razz Buried

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Old Glory Pale Ale uwmgdman Homebrew Ale Recipes 2 05-19-2011 04:58 PM
Golden Glory - Badger Orfy Commercial Brew Discussion 0 10-03-2008 04:41 PM
morning glory beer? polarbearbrewing General Beer Discussion 4 08-28-2008 05:22 AM
Blades of Glory - What a hoot! EdWort General Chit Chat 10 08-02-2007 05:02 PM
morning glory wine XELA Winemaking Forum 2 06-27-2007 02:27 PM


Forum Jump