• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Minnesota Blichman Top Tier, 3 Burner Stand, HERMS System with Tower of Power Control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coryajohnson

Reaction score
Selling off my entire home brewery as I have too many hobbies.

Over $6000 invested; $4000 takes it all.

I am located in Rochester, MN.

Not everything is shown in pictures; refer to the attachments for a list of equipment. The prices in the image reflect new pricing.

The heart of the system is a Blichmann Top Tier Stand with three Blichmann Burners (plumbed for natural gas but I also have the propane orifices); one burner controlled by the Blichmann Tower of Power Gas Control Module (new in March 2016 with a sensor in the recirculation line and another in the HLT; one sensor to get HLT to temp and the other for controlling the HERMS recirculation temperature) and the other burners with electronic ignition.

Rather than purchasing the Blichmann Tower of Power stand, I crafted the stainless steel one shown in the pictures which includes the Blichmann Mounting Kit For TopTier and Tower of Power Stands, a large Blichmann stainless shelf, four place GFCI outlet box and a controller to automate closing the valve from the mash tun to the lauter grant should the level in the grant get too high.

There are two 10 Gallon Generation 1 Blichmann Brew Kettles, one stainless Chugger pump, one Blichmann Therminator, one Blichmann Thrumometer.

All of the tubing is high temperature, reinforced silicone with quick disconnects from Morebeer (expensive addition).

I have a Blichmann beer gun, six kegs (two Italian and all 6 purchased new/ none refurbished), Hanna electronic refractometer (also a manual one), Milwaukee PH meter, William's Oxygen Aerator, Barley crusher grain mill with both the 7 and 14 lb. hoppers, copper HERMS coil, several six gallon carboys, and all the other brew equipment one accumulates as a result of the hobby; far too much to list.

I would prefer to keep the stand complete (would separate out kettles and mash tun if the stand sells separately).

I understand the initial cash outlay to purchase the lot is considerable for a hobby.

Also includes (not pictured) grain storage, extra grain, PH Meter calibration solution, water building chemicals, measuring and testing equipment, bottle rack, bottles, and many more items.

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

Picture0001.png

Last edited:
Adding more pictures; please email if there are items in the spreadsheet that are not pictured; the two Italian kegs that were new last year are still in kegerator; I will capture pictures when the kegs are empty and cleaned. I also have a lifetime supply of replacement o-rings for kegs that will come with the lot.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

IMG_0580 (1).jpg

IMG_0582 (1).jpg

I'm interested in the Blichmann floor standing burner and leg extensions (if you end up parting things out). Unfortunately, I'm out in California. What would be your asking price including shipping to 90277 if feasible?

I failed to mention the lauter grant.The lauter grant is made from an asparagus steamer with a quick disconnect on the bottom, an internal removable screen which helps keep grain out of the recirculating line, and a sensor for the automated level controller, which closes the valve out of the mash tun should the level get too high and reopens the valve when the level drops for over 5 seconds. The controller is the little black box on the stand; the grant can be removed from the controller for cleaning by simply unplugging the cables.

I can accept Paypal or credit cards if the buyer signs a bill of sale. I can also deliver within a reasonable distance.

Will consider reasonable offers for the system.

I am working with someone locally on the package; if it falls through or he does not need the aeration system, I will message you with pricing. Thank you for your interest!

I was thinking I would keep one burner to do sweetcorn or fish fries but what one actually takes is negotiable; just would like to sell the stand before parting the rest as I can continue to brew until it is sold.

No, since I haven't sold it complete, I'm thinking about keeping it. I'm going to wait until fall to see if the brewing spark rekindles; The lack of brewing ambition may be because summer is so busy

Back