Kenmore 12112 Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
picked up a Kenmore 12112 11.1 cu. ft. to replace my Magic Chef which never recovered from a regulator upgrade. Haven't seen many use this model and I wanted a place to collect my thoughts so I thought I would start a thread of my own, nothing more than a wave in the ocean of keezer threads but whatever..

Here is what we are starting with

Dimensions Details:
35"H x 42.75"W x 27.5"D

Dimensions and Capacity:

Width (in.): 42.75
Depth (in.): 27.5
Weight (lbs.): 144
Overall Capacity (Cu Ft): 11.1
Freezer Capacity: 10 cu.ft. - 13.9 cu.ft.
Height w/Door Closed (In.): 35
Height w/Door Open (In.): 60.75

Color and Styling:
Color Family: White
Handle Color: White

6 cornies kegs without a collar and 8 with. My plan is to make a collar, so 8 it is.

Kenmore 11.1 r.jpg

taps, QD's and temp controller installed

Any chance of some details and pics on those keg terminals you have installed on the left? I have been looking for an easy way to have a "gas out" on my 8 tap keezer and this looks like THE BEST option i have seen! Looking awesome so far BTW

Any chance of some details and pics on those keg terminals you have installed on the left? I have been looking for an easy way to have a "gas out" on my 8 tap keezer and this looks like THE BEST option i have seen! Looking awesome so far BTW

Here ya go. Keg post > Cornelius plug adapter > 1/4" MFL Bulkhead Adapter.

This was on my old keezer.. If I remember correctly, I repurposed a 4 inch bulkhead adapter and had a local machine shop cut it in half, ferrule to match, and then all thread it. cost me a me six pack

quick.jpg

sadly I lost a bunch of photos when my phone died this week.. but here's where we're at.

picked up some "bad tint" paint from from the local big box and went to town.. didn't get quite the layering affect I wanted but it will do for now.

side view.jpg

I use a Love Controls TS3 for temp control. Wiring is simple and pretty painless. It clean with the project boxes and there is plenty of room in there still.. I'm considering adding a blower system and placing the power converter in here.

love wiring.jpg

inside box.jpg

converted the stock cable to a 90 female IEC 320 C13/C14 Connector. I like doing this because it prevents cable strain and also allows the collar to be removed without having to be disassemble the electric system entirely. You can also see both sets of hinges, I had to customize the upper set and make them shorter so they fit. I trimmed a few inches off the housing, drilled in new mounting points, clipped the spring and tension set rod.

back wiring.jpg

Where did you get your hinges from?

There's an appliance store by me which stores their "white waste" outside between pickups. Drove by for a few weeks until I noticed a dead freezer sitting there, rang the guy up and asked if he minded if i grabbed the hinges, his response, have at it, I don't lend out tools.

I realized after I uploaded the temp control pics that it's wired incorrectly, the neutral feed should be in 5 and not 7

2 & 3 temp probe

5 neutral
6 hot from source
8 jumper from 6
9 hot to compressor

What faucets did you use? Those look nice.

425ss by Perlick. They don't make them anymore and you can read up on why if you like. If you are looking for something similar you check check out VentiMatic or look at the newer perlick's with flow controls

I've always wanted a drip tray and I'm growing tired of simply having a folded towel on the floor to catch the drips. I've always been a little leery of the magnet approach so I want to try something a little more permanent

drip start.jpg

Sized everything up and started to sweat the joints, I only did the length ones so I can center everything up and make it a little easier to work with.

drip tray sides.jpg

I toyed with a bunch of different ideas, I wasn't going to add the vertical posts to hold the tray in the cradle but I had visions of the tray sliding out or an rouge kid being hosed down.

drip no tray.jpg

pretty happy with the final product. If I had to do it again I would not try to sweat so many joints at the same time, you would set one thing and something else would slip or fall off a few degrees, sadly in the end its off about an 1/8 on one side and the tray is a little more snug than I originally wanted but it's still functional.

drip front.jpg

drip side.jpg

next on the never ending kezzer project would be to add insulation to the collar and a blower for air circulation, I have the space to add an air manifold on the bottle so I would like design something that.

Back