Please Allow Me To Reiterate How Much I Despise FedEx - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Please Allow Me To Reiterate How Much I Despise FedEx

Old 03-12-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
Evan!

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Liked 87 Times on 72 Posts

Here's a hint, you c*cksuckers: don't subcontract out your deliveries (arguably the most important part of your business) to halfwitted rednecks who make Barney Fife look like Steven Hawking.

Let's recap. First, awhile back, I had ordered some protein bars that were heat-sensitive (I paid extra for cold-paks). FedEx somehow couldn't find my house for FIVE days (even though we live in a common neighborhood that is easily found with a simple gmaps or mapquest search). It occurred to me after 4 days that it's not that they couldn't find it, as they claimed, but that I was towards the end of their daily route and they just wanted to go home early, so they just said "attempted delivery, couldn't find address" to get out of it. Ah, melty protein bars!

The next time, I sent it to my office, because, well, it's downtown, so it's more readily accessible and maybe they'd find it easier. Instead, they deliver it to the people downstairs (I'm not quite sure how you mistake suite 100 for suite 200). After calling the local FedEx manager 10 times, I find out that it was delivered down there, and went all the way back to my office to get it because there was liquid yeast in there.

Yesterday, third f*cking strike. I was on a business day trip all day, and on my way back, around 4pm, I get a call. No idea who it is at first because the guy is talking like Larry the Cable Guy with marbles in his mouth. Finally, I am able to make out "Fudix" and "can't git in yer building". I put 2 and 2 together, and tell him to go to the 2nd floor and our office is right across from the elevator---suite 200, like it says on the box. He says, "aww, yah, uhkay, I got in, thanks mang". I thought, hey, good, my hop rhizomes should be waiting for me at the office when I get back.

Are they? NO! I went around to all the other places in the building looking to see if they simply delivered to the wrong address again, but to no avail. So who knows where my package is right now!! It could be in Albuquerque for all I know!

SO: here's a great big F*CK YOU going out to FedEx, the halfwitted subcontractor delivery man that they hired, and to Midwest Supplies for not only using FedEx, but also for not giving me a goddamned tracking #.

I'm fed up with FedEx. I will hereby boycott any online shop that uses them as their primary (cheapest, etc.) shipper.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 03-12-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Nov 2007
ANCHORAGE!!
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

Funny thing is USPS is better, cheaper and more reliable than FedEx in Alaska. FedEx has its largest hub in Anchorage and its still the slowest most expensive place to ship anyhting.
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Old 03-12-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
z987k

Recipes 

Feb 2007
Anchorage
Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts

In my experience, it's always the most expensive.

Old 03-12-2008, 02:34 PM   #4
NWernBrewer
Recipes 

Jan 2008
Burien, WA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Fedex is terrible - at work we ship all the time through USPS, UPS, FedEX, and DHL. The only time we have problems is with FedEx - they subcontract through too many different companies - in Seattle through Kinko's, which is a consumer print shop - WTF. We have promised people their product shipped overnight early AM delivery and FedEx has sent it to the wrong hub delaying the delivery by 2 days, no compensation and no apology.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:54 PM   #5
The Pol
Recipes 

Feb 2007
Liked 96 Times on 81 Posts

Thier pilots have a sweet gig though, have to admit. So you recieved, or were supposed to recieve your shipment of rhizomes from Midwest already? I thought that they said April 1st they should get them in... sweet, maybe my (6) roots will be showing up soon. I have never had a problem with Fed Ex... maybe I get special treatment since I am also in the air transport business, and I have never seen them sub-contract. Anyone know what DHL service is like?

Old 03-12-2008, 05:04 PM   #6
whoptbird

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Colorado Springs

I just got a delivery from Fedex. Right day, early no complaints really 'cept one. I was home and guy just threw the box (or dropped it from a moderate height) on the porch and left. No knock no ring of the bell nothing. That always annoys the crap out of me. Maybe just maybe someone is home and maybe they are busy and dont' hear the sound of the delivery truck or the dropping of the box. Oh well I got my stuff so I'm happy.

Old 03-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #7
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Liked 140 Times on 114 Posts

DHL uses subs in their DHL marked vans. It says so on the door of the vehicle. The thing that pisses me off about them is that they drive in the HOV lane during rush hour and they do not drive properly qualified vehicles for the HOV nor do they have more than 1 person in the vehicle.

The DHL drivers all bail out of the HOV lane at a critical freeway choke point which backs up both the HOV lane and the regular lanes.

Bastards.
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 03-12-2008, 05:16 PM   #8
bigjohnmilford
bigger than most

Recipes 

Oct 2007
southern mass
Liked 71 Times on 43 Posts

What end of fed-x are you talking about here? They have so many different divisions now it's hard to keep track. If you're talking about ground or home yeah, they suck. But regular fed-x is usually pretty good. If your tracking number was more than 12 digits it was ground or home.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:09 PM   #9
Orfy
For the love of beer!

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cheshire, England
Liked 94 Times on 62 Posts

UPS in the UK are very good. I use them for business all the time.

Old 03-12-2008, 08:20 PM   #10
Onescalerguy
Recipes 

Sep 2006
Craig,Alaska
Liked 15 Times on 6 Posts

I hate em too.All my Fedex stuff comes to me in the mail.That's right,Fedex mails my stuff to me.One of my biggest peeves is online retailers who won't use the postal service which is usually the ONLY way to ship to rural Alaska.I used to boycott any vendors who wouldn't use the USPS but it's so bad now cause EVERYONE uses UPS or Fedex...it truly sucks!