Finally....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erik_Mog

Reaction score
So, I got laid off from my last job on January 7, 6 months to the day after I came home from work one day to discover my wife had packed up an left, and had to get rid of most everything I had to be able to move back to NC, since I could not afford to live in Texas anymore. For the last 6 months, I have been sending out Resumes, and had a few interviews that went nowhere. Needless to say, I have been feeling pretty useless, and hopeless for a while. Tonight I just finished doing a two day Stage with an Italian restaurant (the owners parents were the ones that opened Tony's Pizza in Endicott, NY), and I was offered and have accepted a position as Head Chef/Kitchen Manager, and will be returning to work on Wednesday. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted off of me, and I can start getting my life back in order slowly. The last two days I have felt more alive than I have for months. Just had to share this with someone.

I'll raise my next glass to you, congrats on some light at the end of the tunnel!

Cheers

Wow, I'll be you feel like a million bucks.

Make the most of it. Be a hero - stretch yourself and you'll own the place eventually. Everyone can reach out and grab the apple off that tree, few do. Never understood that.

[edit] first thing, delete your facebook acct.

Good job man!! Glad to hear you're getting back at it. Six months off and jumping back in full swing, your feet are gonna hurt like a mother here soon, haha.

Fellow chef here. Enjoy it man and don't work too hard! :mug:

Congratulations on the job! I know that the market is terrible these days for all jobs public and private sector...in this day in age you gotta have that never quit mindset...get through the pain and the suck and come out the other side...cuddos to you sir! Now get brewing!

Hey man good on you. Solid attitude and outlook. Hope it all works out for you.

:mug:

Wow, I'll be you feel like a million bucks.

Make the most of it. Be a hero - stretch yourself and you'll own the place eventually. Everyone can reach out and grab the apple off that tree, few do. Never understood that.

[edit] first thing, delete your facebook acct.

I laughed at this at first. But seriously. Lock it down on the privacy. Employers and employees look that **** up. After a 15 second search I got all your stuff and could see you were with a Paige lady with a newborn (congrats?) and had several pictures and memes pointed at the GOP and comparing Bundy to ISIS. That may/can have an effect on any employer looking to hire you. Something to think about.

Otherwise best of luck. Hope it works out. Hardest part of my life has dealt with an extended job loss and marital issues (fortunately not simultaneously).

I laughed at this at first. But seriously. Lock it down on the privacy. Employers and employees look that **** up. After a 15 second search I got all your stuff and could see you were with a Paige lady with a newborn (congrats?) and had several pictures and memes pointed at the GOP and comparing Bundy to ISIS. That may/can have an effect on any employer looking to hire you. Something to think about.

Otherwise best of luck. Hope it works out. Hardest part of my life has dealt with an extended job loss and marital issues (fortunately not simultaneously).

Yea, I saw that and more. I thought people knew that employers always end up checking that stuff.

Yul!

Back