RaspberryPints Flow Meter Alternative

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you find that they work, let me know. I'm super interested.

Well, i just ordered 6 of them for $26 shipped. It will take 4-6 weeks to get to me, but ill get them eventually. $26 for 6 beats $240 for 4 for sure!!!! I'll make sure to take lots of pictures/video when testing too.

Should be able to get these working with R'Pints, you'll just have to adjust the ticks-per-gallon count in the pours.php file

Code:
// Sets the amount to be a fraction of a gallon based on 165 pulses per ounce
		$amount = $PULSE_COUNT / 21120;

Reviewing the electrical specs there's nothing obvious that's going to cause problems.

It does seem to be a bit picky about orientation - "Other Installation direction: Vertical (inclination should not exceed 5 degrees)" - but that's about it. Reading the discussions linked below, "vertical" means the axle orientation, so the body would want to be horizontal.

Fitting this thing should be interesting...

Cheers!

Me too. I've got four adafruit flow meters I want to put into a raspberrypints setup.

I realise this thread is a little dead, but posting on the off chance someone comes back to it.

Latest posts

Back