Induction Burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudash02

Reaction score
I wanted to see if anyone had experience with these burners im sure a lot have but I can get my hands on 2 that have temperatures controls on it to specifics temps, my question is mashing i only do small batch brewing 2.5 g and experiment has anyone had any problems or do they keep temperature constant

I use an Advanco IC3500 with a heavy Thunder group induction ready pot when doing the occasional small 1-3 gallon pilot batches and it works great. No issues getting up to temp fast. I can't speak for other burner and pot combos.

I use the advanco ic3500 and do 5 gallon batches and don't have a problem with getting 7 to 8 gallons to a rapid boil. I love mines.

im wondering about Mashing with BIAB, will these burners with the specific temp allow me to set it and forget and hold that temp

It may aid in controlling the temps, but I wouldn't count on the unit to control the temperature of the mash either accurately or consistently enough.

For one, the Avantco IC3500 (and IC1800) only has setpoints in 10 degree increments. So, if you want to mash at 154° F, your stuck between 150° and 160°.

For another, you would still need to stir to maintain a consistent temperature throughout the mash.

im wondering about Mashing with BIAB, will these burners with the specific temp allow me to set it and forget and hold that temp

Yes and no you maybe able to manually do it but it will not allow you to set to 150 or any set temp and hold it there.

Back