Technological Support and After-sales Service for Inkbird WIFI Thermostat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dear friends,

Many thanks for your feedbacks, your advice keeps us improving.
Here we would like to share some improved functions of C919:
Wi-Fi Controller improved:

1. Wi-Fi link distance
Wi-Fi module inside has been improved to enhance the signal. And now it is performing much better than the original version in our lad.
2. Device Configuration
The programs have been updated which will be faster and easier in configuration with the strong Wi-Fi signal. And now the average time of configuration is 15S instead of 45S.

But there are more users we need to test the controller and get more feedbacks. Thanks again for all of helps from HBT members.

App improved:
Android App has released, please find the link to use:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nextapp.inkbirdsmartcontroller

IOS App is being improved to ensure that it is easier to configure and the new version will be released soon.
Also we will setup database and users can review the history data.
Thank you again for your help and patient patience.

FAQ:
1. The format of E-mail is wrong
If you get this note, please delete and re-enter again to make sure the email address is correct.

2. Device Configuration
Wi-Fi Configuration is related to the router, distance and phone. Before connecting, please ensure:

2.1 The router you have should be 2.4G.
2.2 The quantity of device connected to the routers is within its limited range.
Different model will connect the different quantity of the device, but more devices connected, more difficult will it be successful configuration.
2.3 The closer range between the controller and the router.
It will be better to configure by putting the controller beside the router, when configuration finished, then using by taking it to the farther range (please check and confirm there is Wi-Fi icon of the controller)
There is Wi-Fi network connected to your phone.

If failing to connect by several times, please freely contact [email protected]

Other Promises
To all of the users who failed to connect the controller, if you could wait patiently, please retry to connect the controller when there is new updated version of IOS App released in 2-3 weeks.
If failing to connect it again, you would be able to get full refund or get a replacement of the new version to try again.

We really appreciate your support and feedback and we keep trying our best to improve this product all the time.
Wish you could give us more patience and believe that we will bring you the satisfied product.
Any technological questions or problems, please freely contact [email protected]

INKBIRD TECH. C.L.

What about the "client" version of the device? Any ETA on that yet? The main one is nice to have, but without a secondary device, it's not much use

Received my controller Saturday and unable to connect. If the new IOS update doesn't fix the problem then I will request a refund.

What about the "client" version of the device? Any ETA on that yet? The main one is nice to have, but without a secondary device, it's not much use

We are researching the ZigBee controller which can connect the wifi one. Pls wait for it. OK?

I am having the same exact problem. Router and iPhone 6 within inches of controller. 2.4Gz network, everything else off the network. Several attempts.

I love you other controllers and would love for this device to work. I hope you can send us all replacements that work as promised.

I am having the same exact problem. Router and iPhone 6 within inches of controller. 2.4Gz network, everything else off the network. Several attempts.

I love you other controllers and would love for this device to work. I hope you can send us all replacements that work as promised.

Did you get yours to connect?

The controller I received still will not connect when following all of your instructions. Can we get the "fixed" or upgraded replacement you have mentioned? I would rather have a working version of the product you promised than a refund. But I will need one of these very soon.

I understand that volunteering to be the first ones to use a new product can mean trading a discount for a few small problems, but it really seems that this product is not working at all for many of the users and should have been much better than this before taking money/ orders from consumers.

I have been very happy with my other inkbird products in the past. Very surprised and disappointed at how poorly this product is being managed.

Looking forward to you making it right.

Wondering when the revised Apple app will be coming out. It's been said it will help with this connectivity issue.

Received the updated version yesterday. I did pair with my router but the app does not provide any way to set parameters. The only thing I can do is set a timer.
I thought there was a way to manage the controller with the app?

Received the updated version yesterday. I did pair with my router but the app does not provide any way to set parameters. The only thing I can do is set a timer.
I thought there was a way to manage the controller with the app?

Did you plug the SENSOR? If not, you won't set up the temperature parameter.

New issue:
Mine use to work with iOS (iPhone 5S) but now when I am not not on the same local wi-fi (with the iPhone 5S) I cannot connect to the Inkbird wifi unit.

When I am on the same wi-fi I can see the temperate and make settings adjustments.

How do I fix this?

New issue:
Mine use to work with iOS (iPhone 5S) but now when I am not not on the same local wi-fi (with the iPhone 5S) I cannot connect to the Inkbird wifi unit.

When I am on the same wi-fi I can see the temperate and make settings adjustments.

How do I fix this?

Could you try another router or Android cellphone? If not, replacement or refund will be available.

Could you try another router or Android cellphone? If not, replacement or refund will be available.

Android has never worked for me. Only iOS worked. But not anymore. I did try moving the Inkbird-wifi to another router and same problem (only works when I am on that wifi). Not sure why it stopped working when I am away.

It there anyway to reset it? Or re-register the device? I'd rather not have a refund, if there is anyway to make it work again.

using iOS (iPhone 5S)

EDIT:
When I am not on wifi, and I pull down to refresh. The inkbird wifi display flashes APP but my phone does not get the updated temperate. So, it shows that I am connecting, I just don't get any data back to the iPhone.

When I go back on the wifi the temperature updates are resumed (and can make setting changes).

using iOS (iPhone 5S)

EDIT:
When I am not on wifi, and I pull down to refresh. The inkbird wifi display flashes APP but my phone does not get the updated temperate. So, it shows that I am connecting, I just don't get any data back to the iPhone.

When I go back on the wifi the temperature updates are resumed (and can make setting changes).

App for iOS was updated today 7/1/16. And had resolved the issues. Thanks!

I
Dear friends,

Many thanks for your feedbacks, your advice keeps us improving.
Here we would like to share some improved functions of C919:
Wi-Fi Controller improved:

1. Wi-Fi link distance
Wi-Fi module inside has been improved to enhance the signal. And now it is performing much better than the original version in our lad.
2. Device Configuration
The programs have been updated which will be faster and easier in configuration with the strong Wi-Fi signal. And now the average time of configuration is 15S instead of 45S.

But there are more users we need to test the controller and get more feedbacks. Thanks again for all of helps from HBT members.

App improved:
Android App has released, please find the link to use:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nextapp.inkbirdsmartcontroller

IOS App is being improved to ensure that it is easier to configure and the new version will be released soon.
Also we will setup database and users can review the history data.
Thank you again for your help and patient patience.

FAQ:
1. The format of E-mail is wrong
If you get this note, please delete and re-enter again to make sure the email address is correct.

2. Device Configuration
Wi-Fi Configuration is related to the router, distance and phone. Before connecting, please ensure:

2.1 The router you have should be 2.4G.
2.2 The quantity of device connected to the routers is within its limited range.
Different model will connect the different quantity of the device, but more devices connected, more difficult will it be successful configuration.
2.3 The closer range between the controller and the router.
It will be better to configure by putting the controller beside the router, when configuration finished, then using by taking it to the farther range (please check and confirm there is Wi-Fi icon of the controller)
There is Wi-Fi network connected to your phone.

If failing to connect by several times, please freely contact [email protected]

Other Promises
To all of the users who failed to connect the controller, if you could wait patiently, please retry to connect the controller when there is new updated version of IOS App released in 2-3 weeks.
If failing to connect it again, you would be able to get full refund or get a replacement of the new version to try again.

We really appreciate your support and feedback and we keep trying our best to improve this product all the time.
Wish you could give us more patience and believe that we will bring you the satisfied product.
Any technological questions or problems, please freely contact [email protected]

INKBIRD TECH. C.L.
Bought one and can not get it to connect to wifi. It does the finding devices and then goes to configuring Wi-Fi and then times out after awhile. Is this actually working?

Back