Crazy Cool Idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tactical-Brewer

Reaction score
Ok, so I took the plunge and am currently trying my hand at collecting wild/local yeast. So far, it's been an awesome experiment and has become something that I'm sure I'll continue to do as time goes on. (If you're interested in seeing my progress, check it out on the yeast page titled "Going Wild")

Anyways, the "Crazy Cool Idea" would be to get a group together, or whoever would be interested from across the country, cultivate some local/wild yeast from your locale, and brew a beer using the exact same grain bill, and trade/ship (Something I know nothing about) to each other to see just how different they turn out.

Just a though/idea. Thought it'd be pretty awesome to see the country's variance in yeast profiles. I know there's literally thousands of different yeast strains floating around even just one locale, but obviously you could harvest however many you want and find whichever you like the best from your locale as long as it was harvested locally where you're at.

Be kind of cool :rockin:

Latest posts

Back