NEW PRODUCT from Jaybird TC Stainless blow off tube for your conical. CHEAP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We are making these in the 1.5 and 2" Tri clover for your Conical Fermenter.
We are able to pump these out FAST, so we are going to offer these super cheap. NOT only that but they can ship "First Class" for like $3 and change...

I have about 20-25 of each ready to ship.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/1.5-Inch-Tri-Clover-Connection-Blow-Off-Tube.html

And of course we can customize them if needed but these work KILLER as is! I LOVE MINE!

Cheers
Jay

2787-Tri-Clover-1.5-Inch-Fermenter-Blow-Off-Closeup.jpg

Absolutely! I think I have a few 3" caps a the shop but even if not I am only a few days away from getting some. I'll figure out my cost but I assume a 3" cap maybe just a few more bucks. I'll shoot you a PM and we can discuss the details.

Cheers
Jay

I agree a 3" one would be beneficial to anyone with a Sbrewtech BME Chronical as a for instance.. Their 3" blowoff is 50 bucks. It has a longer pipe than this one but Im just sayin.

I agree a 3" one would be beneficial to anyone with a Sbrewtech BME Chronical as a for instance.. Their 3" blowoff is 50 bucks. It has a longer pipe than this one but Im just sayin.

I'll get some 3" caps on the way. Should be on the site by Friday... Are saying I should charge you $50???LOL

I am guessing those will be $20.....They wont have the pressure valve Ss has on theirs though....

Cheers
Jay

I'll get some 3" caps on the way. Should be on the site by Friday... Are saying I should charge you $50???LOL

I am guessing those will be $20.....They wont have the pressure valve Ss has on theirs though....

Cheers
Jay

its a blow off tube, one really shouldn't need the pressure valve should they? LOL

Any plans to add a racking cane to the cap as well? For those of us that ferment in kegs not conical and can't drain from the bottom? I have something similar to this but like the way you have your blow off fitting more so then the one I currently use.

Any plans to add a racking cane to the cap as well? For those of us that ferment in kegs not conical and can't drain from the bottom? I have something similar to this but like the way you have your blow off fitting more so then the one I currently use.

As a matter of fact I brewed a 10 gallon batch yesterday. I am prototyping a new product that I came up with that will let us do ALL KINDS of stuff in a commercial keg. To include thermowell, cleaning, sanitizing, transfer into under closed loop, ferment, transfer out and MAYBE just MAYBE carbonate and serve from the same vessel. It is using a stainless pass through racking cane that will help you out a lot when fermenting in a keg. I can't go into too much detail but so far its working RADICAL and I am 1 very happy camper with the results. Only time and testing will tell... I'll keep you posted.

Cheers
Jay

As a matter of fact I brewed a 10 gallon batch yesterday. I am prototyping a new product that I came up with that will let us do ALL KINDS of stuff in a commercial keg. To include thermowell, cleaning, sanitizing, transfer into under closed loop, ferment, transfer out and MAYBE just MAYBE carbonate and serve from the same vessel. It is using a stainless pass through racking cane that will help you out a lot when fermenting in a keg. I can't go into too much detail but so far its working RADICAL and I am 1 very happy camper with the results. Only time and testing will tell... I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Jay

Definitely interested in this as I just started fermenting in a half barrel sanke keg myself.

I will keep that in mind gents! As of right now I have to get through the test phase myself. Then I will toss it out there to a few of you for you guys to absolutely pick it apart and run it through the ringer! Then, I can make the changes needed to make it perfect! It is freeken stupid killer! Totally stoked on how everything is going so far. I will keep you guys posted. Start stocking up on your 1/2 BBL kegs :) I know I am :)

Cheers
Jay

Excited for this I ferment my sours out of 15.5 gallon kegs. Let me know if u need another tester

@FoCobrewguy

So a few of the new parts are up on the site and already selling very well. We are shooing video's tomorrow to showcase how easy it is to ferment in a commercial keg.

I am using this part right now in my test brewery

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Tri-Clover-2-Inch-Blow-Off-Tube-Coupling.html

I am also using this as the racking cane

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Racking-Cane-Stainless-Half-Inch-NPT-Male.html

Everything seems to be going really well.

I was able to collect a sample last night in like 15 sec. Just shot C02 into the blow off tube and beer flowed out the cane. It was killer!

Cheers
Jay

Nice have you transferred out of the keg yet? Really would like to do all transfers under co2 especially for the IPAs.

Not a full transfer yet. Just transferred into my sample glass. IT WAS SLICK! I am going to do a full transfer into kegs next week. This beer is only 9 days fermenting, as of today.

Cheers
Jay

Jay Your really kicking ass! I speak for many when I say Thank You for all your doing for us homebrewers

Cheers!

Don

I assume this would work with commercial sixtels and pony kegs as well? I'm definitely intrigued.

Looking forward to seeing the final product!

Sneak Peek....

I will start a thread about it as soon as the video is loaded. Hopefully tomorrow afternoon.

There is a lot here for $69.....

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Ultimate-Sanke-Keg-Fermenter-Kit.html

Man this is so damn cool! Why didn't I start fermenting in a keg years ago? Talk about the easiest clean, sanitize and fill I have ever done on brewday! Then there is the samples! Stupid simple!

Cheers
Jay

Cheers
Jay

A couple of questions/thoughts:

If you are cleaning by pumping cleaner through the spray tube thingy, how is the cleaning solution able to drain from the keg to be picked back up by the pump and recirculated? Right now I'm cleaning my sanke fermenter with a modified Mark's keg washer that I extended the pipe on and added a heater to. Works well, but I'm always up for something easier ;)

I like the valve and what it allows (easy co2 hookup for transfers, easy blowoff for fermentation), but am not a fan of ball valves or anything threaded on fermenters. If you had a blowoff, you're really going to have to be careful with cleaning the threads in the that tee and valve aren't you?

I'm not a fan of anything threaded on a fermenter. In my experience it takes too much time and attention to clean properly. I'd much rather see (and would pay more for) tri-clovers on something like this. Thoughts?

I'm really looking forward to the videos.

Any thoughts on adding a thermal coupler? Looks great

Yep. A 16" long one. Just not sure if we can get it all to fit on the 2" cap with all the other stuff. Were playing around with all kinds of options. By being able to thread into the bottom, that opens up all kinds of options to us.

Cheers
Jay

A couple of questions/thoughts:

If you are cleaning by pumping cleaner through the spray tube thingy, how is the cleaning solution able to drain from the keg to be picked back up by the pump and recirculated? Right now I'm cleaning my sanke fermenter with a modified Mark's keg washer that I extended the pipe on and added a heater to. Works well, but I'm always up for something easier ;)

I like the valve and what it allows (easy co2 hookup for transfers, easy blowoff for fermentation), but am not a fan of ball valves or anything threaded on fermenters. If you had a blowoff, you're really going to have to be careful with cleaning the threads in the that tee and valve aren't you?

I'm not a fan of anything threaded on a fermenter. In my experience it takes too much time and attention to clean properly. I'd much rather see (and would pay more for) tri-clovers on something like this. Thoughts?

I'm really looking forward to the videos.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=584147

Here is a link to the thread I started on it today.

All TC may be tuff because of the racking cane compression fitting. I dont see why everything else can't be set up TC as well for you.
Shoot me a PM lets discuss it.

Cheers
Jay

Jay

Looking for a modified version of your - Tri Clover - Blow Off Tube and Coupling - 3".
How about one, a 3" cap, a 90* elbow, to connect a F-Type Male Cam Lock?

Thanks David.

Jay

Looking for a modified version of your - Tri Clover - Blow Off Tube and Coupling - 3".
How about one, a 3" cap, a 90* elbow, to connect a F-Type Male Cam Lock?

Thanks David.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Tri-Clover-3-Inch-Blow-Off-Tube-Tee.html

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/3-Inch-Tri-Clover-Blow-Off-Tube-and-Coupling.html

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Tri-Clover-3-Inch-x-Half-Inch-NPT-Tee.html

Is this kind of what you are talking about David?

Cheers
Jay

Jay,

Sorry for the late response, I sleep w/the vampires(graves) :D, the links you sent me are close to what I am looking for but with this fitting from your stock; "1/2" NPT female pipe thread on both openings. 90 degree angle" (SKU 0348).
I cant attach any pictures for some reason, the site wont take it. I will be attaching a pressure regulator set up like this (first 3 pic's, mine is horizontal) to my stout conical fermentor and I need it to be low for clearance, and trying to reduce the number of fittings as possible.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=520520

This set up will give me the ability cold crash/pressure trans w/out O2 pick-up or damaging my fermentor. The blow-off tube will have a ball valve attached to the end that will be closed for this.

Thanks hope this helps David.

We are making these in the 1.5 and 2" Tri clover for your Conical Fermenter.
We are able to pump these out FAST, so we are going to offer these super cheap. NOT only that but they can ship "First Class" for like $3 and change...

I have about 20-25 of each ready to ship.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/1.5-Inch-Tri-Clover-Connection-Blow-Off-Tube.html

And of course we can customize them if needed but these work KILLER as is! I LOVE MINE!

Cheers
Jay

What about a 3" TC version with an 8" or 10" thermowell?

Jay,

Also it should still let me use your Spray Head - 5" NPT Nipple to CIP my conical.

David.

Absolutely David. This is on the docket today for sure. Basically just a 3" cap with full pass through coupling and a thermowell. Are you wanting a Coupling, a Tee or a Cross? I will be doing all 3.

Cheers
Jay

Jay, any way of making a 2" TC (for a half barrel sanke) that has:

16" Thermowell
Adjustable height racking cane
1.5" TC for blowoff / pressure transferring (probably need to be on a 90 degree elbow to clear the racking cane, but a straight extension would be nice for cleaning ease)

All with sanitary welds (no threads other than the compression collar on the racking cane).

Jay, any way of making a 2" TC (for a half barrel sanke) that has:

16" Thermowell
Adjustable height racking cane
1.5" TC for blowoff / pressure transferring (probably need to be on a 90 degree elbow to clear the racking cane, but a straight extension would be nice for cleaning ease)

All with sanitary welds (no threads other than the compression collar on the racking cane).

Now that's a tall order....:D

Cheers
J

Back