Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Anyone else excited for Spring Training?
Old 02-18-2006, 10:48 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 133 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Hard to get excited here. The Rockies are a perennial 100 loss team. The ownership insists on doing everything cheap. Their fan base has dropped by half because of their bone headed management style. They had a good thing going and blew it.
But you know.... Spring training is a good sign. Spring is just around the corner.
Good to know because it is about 12 degrees outside right now!

Old 02-21-2006, 11:15 PM   #32
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Barry Bonds indicated that he will retire after the '06 season. I say GOOD RIDDANCE. He's just a juiced-up, arrogant assclown.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:26 PM   #33

Wow, cant believe i missed this thread! I look forward to spring training more than any other time of the year. Though my Reds havent been contenders in quite some time i always get over excited since they usually start the season pretty good then fall off the globe. O well, maybe with the new owners we can finally right this sinking ship. I also enjoy going to my local Dayton Dragons games. They are a Reds Single A farm team that usaully does fairly well. Sometimes I think I'd rather go to a Dragons game than Reds, they just seem a whole lot more fun.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:12 AM   #34
Beer Snob
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Sports....

Hmmm.... generally I find sports kinda dull. However if I am there watching it live I seem to like it more. A friend took me to Chicaogo Wolves games. He was friends with the manager so we were always 3 inches from the glass. Things get a bit messy when your 3 inches from the glass. Hockey is a violent sport. The college I was at was big with Rugby. Another very violent sport.

For some reason I realy enjoyed car racing. Someone took me to a race track some years ago. It was not like NASCARR or something like that. It wa a small track, but I had a lot of fun. Was loud though. My wife did not care for the noise and I turned my aids off I am 3 miles from a Horse race track, but have never gone there. I have always wanted to goto a demolision derby or monster truck place, but have never gone.

"Don't worry, have a homebrew." ,"The "Bible"

Cherries in the wheat
Michael's Wheat