2 IPA brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uwmgdman

Reaction score
Long time no talk HBT! Had a 2 IPA brew day last Friday. A Black IPA that's my 10 year brewing anni brew and a rye IPA a buddy and I are splitting. The black IPA is using Midnight wheat and some pale chocolate for the dark malts, Tomahawk, Equinox, and Nugget hops with Wyeast 1335. The rye IPA is version 2 of a beer we did in the fall--amped up the hops and went to 30% rye with Wyeast 1098z. Both mashed fairly low. Happy brewing!

I first brewed in 1981... quit in 1986 when I moved to far from a friend I shared equipment with(sold out to her). Restarted last year...

Congrats on 10 years! I just bottled a 1 gallon black IPA test brew to see if I like it. I need to find a Rye IPA to try to see if I like the style.

Thanks! You could brew a 1 gallon rye IPA recipe. If you wanted to go simple and compare it to something you know, take your favorite IPA recipe, and substitute 15-20% rye for your base malt. I like the spicy dryness with rye. We'll see how we like 30% rye in this IPA.

Tried to find a Saison too, no go. With warmer weather coming on fast it might option 3 when I have 2 fermenters in the fridge already. My pantry stays about 70-75 degrees year round...

Back