World's Fair beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CU_tony

Reaction score
I have a can of 1982 world's fair beer that I found many months back at an antique store.
I'm considering popping this bad boy open and trying the beer, do I need to consider anything aside from throwing this in the fridge overnight?

View attachment 1462219126308.jpg

Yeah, it will probably taste nasty. :) Honestly, the value is probably more if it's unopened. If you never intend to sell it, go ahead and drink it, but it's probably like "Billy Beer" :)

That beer is long dead. Any flavors will have completely oxidized or "vinegarized."

I would leave it the way it is. It's kinda neat to have an UNOPENED full can of beer that is 34 years old. If you open it then it is just another empty can and who cares, right?

I can see both sides of the coin here. I'm not intending on selling it because I didn't pay much for it, and there doesn't seem to he much of a market for it. I could buy a six pack unopened for $15 on eBay right now.
My main motivation is to be one of the ~50 people to check this beer in on untappd. And maybe, just maybe it will be drinkable.
Also, I think I would much rather keep the empty can on a shelf and not worry about it starting to leak or explode at some point down the road.

Back