Stainless Tri Clover to CANNING jar lid for Conical yeast harvesting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I guess there was a guy here a year or 2 ago that made 1 of these for himself. I ended up getting a PM from a member that was trying to make a couple also and was not really having much success. He asked me if I could make him a couple and of course I said yes. I am getting a conical for my house shortly and was going to have to make me a few anyway. I had to do a run of 60 just to get the parts cut on my laser to make it worth while to do it at all. So as you can imagine I have a bunch that can now be sold. I am going to add these to the website here in a couple days so you guys can just get them there. If you want to reply to this thread I will shoot you a PM when they are up on the site.

I think after all is said and done were going to ask $24.99 ea for the part WITH an extra gasket.

If you made some yourself and need the gaskets let me know I have a plenty of them and will sell em for $2.00 ea. Those will also be on the site in a few days.

This is the 1.5" Tri Clover ferrule to the WIDE mouth canning jar lid. I dont really have any plans to do anything else like the 2" Tri Clover or the small mouth lids. I think this part is just about perfect for what we're using it for.

I am trying to upload a few more pictures but HBT upload isn't playing nicely this morning. I'll keep trying.

Cheers
Jay

Lid-5.jpg

How do you go about removing the jar/lid without making a massive mess?

They way I am going to do it is use a sanitized 1 1/2" Cap, clamp and silicone gasket.

Let the yeast settle and then decant some of the liquid before removing the lid.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Tri_Clover_Cap_1.5_in.html

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Tri_Clover_Gasket_1.5_Inch_Silicone.html

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Tri_Clover_Clamp_1.5_in.html

Pulling if off the conical will require a bowl under the jar if you fill it all the way.

Cheers
Jay

So from the looks of it there were a few people interested huh?

Holy orders batman! They will all go out tomorrow you guys!

Cheers
Jay

I was just thinking about asking you to make me one a couple weeks ago, this is awesome!

You would be amazed at how many requests I get to build stuff with the "Hey I got an idea" sort of thing.. I love it.

We have plenty built and ready to ship with an extra gasket. Were also putting up a harvesting "KIT" with ALL the gaskets, rings, caps, with the canning jar and everything. Should be up in a few hours or so.

Cheers
Jay

Score. Is that First Class® Package Service new? I recall wanting to order things from you in the past and shipping making it a "Hold off until I have more things I need" kind of thing. That was some cheap shipping.

Score. Is that First Class® Package Service new? I recall wanting to order things from you in the past and shipping making it a "Hold off until I have more things I need" kind of thing. That was some cheap shipping.

NEW? Kind of. We have always had $9.95 flat rate shipping, but for a long long time now we have offered shipping based off the product weight. If its under 15oz it can go first class.

Yeah I think this part can ship for what $2.99 or something like that.

Cheers
Jay

Have plenty of jars, but a kit with all the other stuff would be nice. I'll just stop being lazy and grab the stuff. I just thought there was already a kit and felt stupid for not being able to find it.

Nope not at all. Victor was in the upload stage when he got called away. I have an idea. Check your PM inbox in a few min..

Cheers
Jay

I am sure some of these have hit your doorsteps or will today. Post up some picts guys. I want to see your set up. I am getting ready to get my conical set up. I need some ideas.

Cheers
Jay

Ok... I don't know what one of you guys placed an order for 10 of these. But if your on the board and have 10 conical fermenters in your brewery. WE WANT TO SEE A PICTURE! That's awesome!

Cheers
Jay

I got mine. It's pretty cool. I don't have it on either fermenter though as they are both already past the stage I want to glub a bunch of air up through them lol.... So no pics.

I got mine. It's pretty cool. I don't have it on either fermenter though as they are both already past the stage I want to glub a bunch of air up through them lol.... So no pics.

Man that was fast for "first class shipping" 3 days from order to door, across the nation! SWEET!

Thanks for the order man!

Cheers
Jay

Well these little guys are up on the site as kits, ultimate kits, with and with out jars, I also have some of the heavy duty stainless canning rings on the way and those are going to retail on my site for $8 ea. Yeah they are spendy but they are seriously heavy duty and 100% stainless.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Ultimate-Tri-Clover-Canning-Jar-Yeast-Harvester.html

This is the one with the 32oz canning jar included.
http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Yeast-Harvester-Ultimate-Tri-Clover-1-Quart-Kit.html

Thanks for all the orders you guys.

Cheers
Jay

So I have to say I think this part is a solid one. I just had to do another order for gaskets.

So lets see your guys set ups with these. Post up a picture or 2.

Cheers
Jay

Since you seem to have the ability to sanitary weld and like TC, have you thought about doing a sanke to fermenter conversion piece?

Since you seem to have the ability to sanitary weld and like TC, have you thought about doing a sanke to fermenter conversion piece?

I would be happy to. I will need a little more explanation as to what your talking about though. I'll send you a PM here in a bit.

Cheers
Jay

Beginning to wonder if jaybird ever sleeps. Ordered this late Tuesday night, got a response back same night and had it in my hands Friday. Well built nice welds, very happy with price and quality, way better than anything I could have built. Brewed last Saturday, great for trub removal, back on waiting for the yeast to drop.

Back