Missing hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C4valent

Reaction score
Wondering if you guys think this recipe will be ok. I brewed an extract batch for a buddy of mine. During the boil I realized 2 ounces of hops were missing.
2 cans lme (3.3 pounds each)
1 pound dme
1 ounce columbus and .5 ounce chinook at 60 min
2 ounce centennial at 15 min
.5 ounce chinook at 5 min
I was supposed to add 2 ounces of cascade at 5 minutes but right when it came time realized they were missing. No clue what happened to them. You think the recipe will still be ok? Thanks

You'll be fine as will your beer. To add what you lost at the 5 minute mark dry hop with the cascade when u get more. Aroma=flavor

I didn't even think about dry hopping it. Thanks, that's a relief.

Wow, lucky for you. Since you couldn't find the Cascade hops to add them at the time specified, you now have the freedom to use whatever hop you want for dry hopping. You can use Cascade since that is what the recipe called for but don't discount the other options. I love Citra and Amarillo and....:ban:

Wow, lucky for you. Since you couldn't find the Cascade hops to add them at the time specified, you now have the freedom to use whatever hop you want for dry hopping. You can use Cascade since that is what the recipe called for but don't discount the other options. I love Citra and Amarillo and....:ban:

agreed

Back