Custom Dome Cover for Conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeeRRunBrewery

Reaction score
Does anyone know a vendor that makes custom dome covers for conical fermenters? I have a 12 1/2 gallon conical fermenter, and the flat top cover makes it tight with 11 gallons of wort. Instead of selling this and buying a different style, I thought I'd inquire about having a custom cover built that will give me the extra "head space". Thoughts?? Thanks!!

What material is your conical and what material cover are you looking for? A clear plastic/glass of some sort would be cool

It's a stainless conical; so would like a stainless cover.... but I agree that a translucent cover would be neat.

Yes AF1HomeBrew. But one that will allow a ring style clamp and not multiple clasps. If I had to buy new, that's probably the one I'd go with. But I thought I'd investigate getting a custom dome cover made. I'm thinking there could be a need for this?? I can't be alone on this issue...

Spike Brewing. It was one of their first offerings on conicals. I believe the newer models are 14-15 gallon volumes.

I did send an email to Spike Brewing this morning. Interesting though I couldn't find any pics of conicals with dome tops though....

Blichmann sells some to expand their conicals but finding the right diameter and fitment for yours will probably be tough..

I did send an email to Spike Brewing this morning. Interesting though I couldn't find any pics of conicals with dome tops though....

I've only seen a snippet that was available on their facebook page that shows a fermenter with a domed top (CAD drawing).

Yup, Spike brewing is designing a new conical with a dome lid. I would email them to see if they will be designing dome lids to retrofit their older conicals, they may.

Thanks everyone!! I have emailed Spike. They mentioned doing a trade when the new conicals come in. I'm hopeful something can be worked out.

Latest posts

Back