Very happy with my contest results

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phug

Reaction score
I recently submitted to a small competition and submitted 4 ciders. Out of a total of 13 cider entries I got two gold, one silver. And my two golds placed first and second best of show. Now I need to wait and see what my scores actually were.

My standard cider took gold out of 4 entries in that category. And my spiced cider took gold in specialty ciders out of nine entries. But the standard cider took overall best of show.

I'm very pleased. But I have to remind myself that it was a small contest. Still 2015 bjcp though.

Remind yourself nothing, that's incredible! How'd you find local competitions btw? It's something I'd be interested in taken part of but I'm not sure where to begin the search for one. Again, congratulations!

And share the recipe.

Mine was organized by my local club. Gtabrews based out of Toronto and the surrounding area. A couple of medalists were from other nearby clubs. Funny enough, I registered my entries and then later joined the club before the judging and couldn't change my club affiliation. Low entry fee, $3 per entry, so no prizes that I'm aware of. Just score sheets and bragging rights I suppose. I hope they add ciders to their yearly big comp. this was the first comp that they opened to ciders.

I'll have to look again and see if I have any more of the gold medal bos cider. I might not. I do still have 4 more of the silver medal bos, which was the gold in specialty cider. So I'll hang on to those until the fall, but I put aside two of it that I'm taking to a family get together this weekend

Mine was organized by my local club. Low entry fee, $3 per entry, so no prizes that I'm aware of. Just score sheets and bragging rights I suppose

I wish there was something like that round here. Purely amateur basement types.

I finally got my score sheets back.
Everyday Dry Cider pulled in a combined score of 39.5 as a C1A
Redheaded Stepchild pulled in a 39 as a C2E
Edwort's Apfelwein pulled down a 38.5
and my Triple Berry Cider got a 33, due to some higher alcohols, and a desire to have the apple be more prominent. So i'll be watching ferm temps on that recipe, and reducing the fruit addition a little bit.

Now to redo those batches, since I'm almost out.

Back