Storing rhizomes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cicada

Reaction score
Back in January I ordered some rhizomes from Adventures in Homebrewing, choosing them because they advertised the earliest ship date (sometime in february), but long story short, they arrived today.
In the 3 months that they took to get here, I have decided to move from Alabama to Georgia for a job, moving in about 4-5 weeks. Does anyone have any tips on preserving these rhizomes so they'll be ready to plant when I arrive in Atlanta?

Just store them in the fridge until you're ready to plant them. This will keep them in a state of dormancy.

Is seeing growth in the fridge normal at all? I was given a few rhizomes, and plated three of them. Two were kept in the fridge at 45f, but have started getting some green bine growth going.

Is seeing growth in the fridge normal at all? I was given a few rhizomes, and plated three of them. Two were kept in the fridge at 45f, but have started getting some green bine growth going.

Their dormancy requirement has been met and they want to start growing. This is normal, but I would suggest planting as quickly as you can.

Back