2016 HBT Fantasy Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyO

Reaction score
Hey Everyone.

We're entering our fifth year of this keeper league. Most of the teams have owners that have been since the inception or first two years.

That said, we have at least one opening for a new owner.

If you're interested, post up in here, and we'll figure out if we have any more open slots.

The draft for this league is live and scheduled for Monday 3/28 at 9pm EST.

It's a fun league with no buy-in. Head to head weekly matchups.
Some folks decide amongst themselves on weekly wagers and beer trades.

If any returning members want to chime in on their experience, please do so.

This thread will take the place of the old one.
Let the season (and smacktalk) begin!

Woo hoo! Third year here. Love it. I do wish it was easier to give a prize to the winner, though. There has to be something we can come up with. I'm a lifetime member of HBT, so a free year doesn't do me any good. Is there some SWAG we could get Tx to pony up? I am open to wagers for sure. Especially from anyone that can get Heady Topper or Zombie Dust. Just let me know.

I know a guy that would be interested in playing, but he's not an HBT member and I would prefer someone here get first shot. But if it stays open, let me know.

Good luck everyone.

Alright alright alright!

Ready for another year of Baseball!

Good luck to all (you are going to need it),
Dave

:tank::tank::mug::mug::tank::tank:

Welcome aboard to AlmFamily. He's taking over for the Sewer Patrol team. The new name is Hrabosky's Hammers.

We may have another spot or two to fill. There are a handful of teams who haven't yet selected their keeper's including Chief Noca-Homa, Lipstick City Lotharios, Yankee Clippers, Waiver Wire Heroes and Bayou Brewers. If you know any of these guys, can you shake their trees to get them going? I sent out a league email earlier, so hopefully we get people on board.

Thanks for the invite - glad to be aboard! I have been looking for a league for a couple years, and I just didn't want to join one out of the blue.

I will have my keepers done today - are there any special scoring rules or such I should be aware of?

I'll have them set by Sunday.

Did we decide if we were modifying some of the scoring categories or not @JohnnyO?

Meh. I think we'll keep it as is. If it ain't broke...
Plus I like some of the weird point earners.

A total of 4 teams did not set keepers. Wow!

Do we know if those owners are returning?

I'm still around. Been real busy with flood damage assessments for work. Looks like I missed the keeper deadline and I'll have to be on autodraft tonite as I'll be on the road again. I may be a little out of reach for the first couple of weeks, but then I'll get back to normal.

So, Guidry is in. Ofthe three teams left, we have Lipstick City, Yankee Clippers and Waiver Wire Heros. Both Lipstick City and Yankee Clippers have been in the league since inception. Yankee Clippers are typically well-involved with their team. Othon has Lipstick City and he and I go back. I just texted him to see if he wants me to give up his team.

Waiver Wire Heroes and Lipstick City tied for first place in their division last year.

Considering all of these things, I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. If they no-show tonight and show no activity in the next week, then let's give their teams up.

First one would go to estricklin.

So, Guidry is in. Ofthe three teams left, we have Lipstick City, Yankee Clippers and Waiver Wire Heros. Both Lipstick City and Yankee Clippers have been in the league since inception. Yankee Clippers are typically well-involved with their team. Othon has Lipstick City and he and I go back. I just texted him to see if he wants me to give up his team.

Waiver Wire Heroes and Lipstick City tied for first place in their division last year.

Considering all of these things, I want to give them the benefit of the doubt. If they no-show tonight and show no activity in the next week, then let's give their teams up.

First one would go to estricklin.

ok cool, I'll keep an eye on this thread and my PMs.

finishing up a glass of water before I put something tasty in my gullet.

Good luck to all!

Except you, Johnny. I reserve the right to hold your luck until you trade me Mookie.

I had to autodraft. That was 6 PM for me. Right at dinner and put kids to sleep time. Good luck everyone!

If no response from Yankee Clippers or Lipstick City by tomorrow, then we'll give them to estricklin and your friend.

Thanks Ginger. Can you send me his name, email and team name to prepare?

Thanks.

Oh and FYI, this is the sixth year of the league. Discovered that in looking through the league's history over at the site.

Okay, we have two new owners aboard! Welcome to Eric and his Irish Red Birds and Humberto and his Pickle Weasels.

Eric is taking the team formerly owned by Dave (LA Yankee Clippers) and Humberto is taking over the team owned by Othon (Lipstick City Lotharios). It hurts to see these guys no longer involved as they were both original members of the league.

Wish the best to both of them.

Now, let's play ball!!

Eric, I was set to accept your trade offer, then realized that giles had been "demoted".

Good match this week so far.

I'm having a lot of fun so far, learning curve though that's for sure. I haven't played fantasy baseball since I was in college, and then it was yahoo and I've never played ESPN fantasy before.

Anyway it sure is nice to come home from work and watch a game, AND relate some of those players to my fantasy team!

Back