Free Logos or Beer Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pointcity-homebrew

Crafting openers 1 at a time
Reaction score
I am working on my MA in Graphic Design, switching careers from engineering.

I am wanting to build a portfolio and instead of just making up a bunch of generic logos I figured I'd offer here and see if anyone is interested.

How this will work-

These will be offered to you for personal use, anyone wanting a logo or label to be used for profit can contact me and we will work something out.

I will work my way through the thread @ my own pace. I will try to complete the tasks as fast as possible. If you have something that needs to be done in a hurry, then this may not be the opportunity for you.

Post here with some ideas, colors, photos, art etc..

I will go in order of posts.

By accepting this offer you are allowing me to use any works created herein for my portfolio.

After the baseline is provided, feel free ask for alterations such as color etc.

Once the logo is to your liking I will post the highest quality version that I can and then it is yours.

Ready, Set, Go........

Dude. I Made This Brewing. I like turtles. Orange is my favorite color. I value a sense of humor over everything else. Oh, and Texas.

Now go.

My daughter decided I should call my homebrew Monkey Butts. I thought it would be cool to see a monkey pulling down its pants, mooning you, and looking back over its shoulder with a cheesy, toothy grin.

Dude. I Made This Brewing. I like turtles. Orange is my favorite color. I value a sense of humor over everything else. Oh, and Texas.

Now go.

Done

77_turtle.png

OH you said turtles........

Binary Brewing Company. I started out with a hard cider. I created a label originally for it called it Hard {Drive} Cider. And had hard cider written in binary transparent behind it. I dont have a pic any longer of the label, but it was pretty cool, i thought. I added a funny quote on one side and a mock surgeon general's warning on the other. It seemed like it took 4 times linger to design the label than it did to make the cider. More than likely it was because i wasnt too familiar with gimp, which was what I used to create it.

It would be pretty cool to have a new label(s) made by a professional. Here are a few beers that I have going right now. Take your pick...

Left hand milk stout clone
Mint chocolate milk stout
Moose drool brown ale clone
BM centennial blonde
Orange kolsch
Hefewiezen
Dunkelweizen
Spiced cider
Blueberry apple cider
All natural cider

Ok, I'll bite. Wanting to put together a fairly simple logo for my brews, and brewery. Thinking of calling it, "Paws Brewing" with the face of a cat, and paw prints on the label. I'll let you run with it. Attached is an image I was toying with using in the center, but I'd be interested in anything you come up with.

Cat Eyes.jpg

The subdivision I live in is Royal Oaks, so Royal Oaks Brewing Company is what I've settled on this past year for my brewery's name. I imagine a pirate/island theme with the logo in a typical pirate font, lots of colors you'd see in the Caribbean, and did I mentioned I liked pirates?

In no hurry and if you'd rather pass on something easier, then that's cool too. Many thanks. :mug:

I always wanted a logo- but I don't have any idea of artwork or anything. I"m the most non-creative person that ever lived.

I make beer and wine, and call myself either "Broken Leg Brewery" or "Broken Leg Cellars" (for the wine bottles).

the only thing I ever came up with was "Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006".

Silverback Brewing. The logo is 'When it comes to beer, we don't monkey around.'
Thanks

Should you get the time,I am looking for a logo.
I go by Badleebrewed, live in Thailand and think that a lion and an elephant in some sort of "coat of arms" crest type thing would look cool.
I also very much like Firestone Walker lables; simple yet classy.
I brew in my extention behind the kitchen and at night,when I brew,light shines out through the wooden slats.
Please,please,please

My daughter decided I should call my homebrew Monkey Butts. I thought it would be cool to see a monkey pulling down its pants, mooning you, and looking back over its shoulder with a cheesy, toothy grin.

Here is a quick baseline to give an idea of layout.

I will have to hand draw the monkey and scan it in and vectorize it ( similar to what I did here) so it may take awhile and I may pick up on some others in between, but I will be working on it.

Monkey_Butts.png

Cool idea. Back in the 80's I named my 'brewery' after our two dogs. A black lab and a yellow lab, Bear and Martin. The tag line was friends forever. Never had any good graphics tho. Must have been waiting for you.

Binary Brewing Company. I started out with a hard cider. I created a label originally for it called it Hard {Drive} Cider. And had hard cider written in binary transparent behind it. I dont have a pic any longer of the label, but it was pretty cool, i thought. I added a funny quote on one side and a mock surgeon general's warning on the other. It seemed like it took 4 times linger to design the label than it did to make the cider. More than likely it was because i wasnt too familiar with gimp, which was what I used to create it.

It would be pretty cool to have a new label(s) made by a professional. Here are a few beers that I have going right now. Take your pick...

Left hand milk stout clone
Mint chocolate milk stout
Moose drool brown ale clone
BM centennial blonde
Orange kolsch
Hefewiezen
Dunkelweizen
Spiced cider
Blueberry apple cider
All natural cider

The idea is to change the color of the background and text outline depending on the beer. This way you will have a theme.

This is just a quick layout, the text and what not can go on the sides.

Binary_Brewing.jpg

Ok, I'll bite. Wanting to put together a fairly simple logo for my brews, and brewery. Thinking of calling it, "Paws Brewing" with the face of a cat, and paw prints on the label. I'll let you run with it. Attached is an image I was toying with using in the center, but I'd be interested in anything you come up with.

Baseline-

I can do one with the eyes or the paw, but it is not working out to be a good design with both elements. Let me know what you think.

PAWS.png

Sweet. I just thought of this...silhouettes of two bears frolicking in a pile or field of hops. I'd like to have some hops cones in there somehow.

I'll see what I can do, may be a little hard to convey that in a logo. Logos are meant to be simple but still conveying a brand, slogan etc....

Would be pretty easy to replace the bottle with a cone.

I'll play along... First Aid Brewing. My avatar is the international first aid symbol, but I'm curious as to whether anything creative can be done with it. My creativity does not extend into graphic design so go nuts!

Try this one. Tranquility Brewing Company. I wanted to try and use this photo it's a sunset from a special place in San Diego where I'd go to chill out and have a beer. See what you can do

image.jpeg

Go for it...Make me a brewery LOGO from a sample of my beer label if you care too.

Show_Us_Your_Label_-_Page_110_-_Home_Brew_Forums_-_2016-01-03_18.17.11.jpg

heres one for you this is a caricature of my wife and i . i started making wine for my wife because she doesnt drink a lot of beer. The name will be T&J Cellars maybe in an arc across the top with a vineyard background and the caricature superimposed on top of it.

IMG_0243.jpg

and for the beer side my name is Bare Facts Brewing , was thinking the name across the top with a picture of a bear hugging a brew pot ( think winnie the pooh holding the honey jar ) in a field of barley , with a hop plant draped over his arm. sounds good, would be impossible for me to make it happen.

and for the beer side my name is Bare Facts Brewing , was thinking the name across the top with a picture of a bear hugging a brew pot ( think winnie the pooh holding the honey jar ) in a field of barley , with a hop plant draped over his arm. sounds good, would be impossible for me to make it happen.

That may be too much to try and make into one logo. The biggest mistake people make when making a logo is trying to fit too many different elements together.

Unlike art, where you want the piece to carry the viewers eye and for the viewer to discover elements that they did not see at first glance. Logos are meant to be simple representations of something.

I will get something together for you though. Slowly working my way down.

Texas Ale Works

Use the "Lone Star"

and a pint glass

This is what I am currently working with.

Good luck with your projects and you pursuit of the MA

T

logo.png

Muttface Brewing. If you can convert Elvis' handsome face into a simple design, that'd be great. I'm not too picky on font or colors, whatever you think is best.

image.jpg

Baseline-

I can do one with the eyes or the paw, but it is not working out to be a good design with both elements. Let me know what you think.

PAWS.png

I think this is great! Wanted to keep it simple, and love the beer glass in the middle. What's better is the SWMBO likes it, and my son (38yrs) likes it a lot. He said it reminds him of a certain 1970's shark film, and that I needed to put hidden references in my beer labels to that! Sounds like fun! Thanks

I will love some logo for me, i do craft mead and i will love something like a viking or a valkyrie helmet.

Valkyrie's Kiss Homebrew.

thanks a lot, cheers.

You can sure give it a go if you're not worn out before you get to my post!

Drunken Wrens Brewing....its a play on my last name. I'd like to have a drunk, fun looking bird holding a glass or mug of beer.

http://www.canstockphoto.com/cool-bird-24082401.html i found this and was thinking about buying it and trying to put a beer in his hand, but never have done it. If you can come up with something, that'd be awesome, and it'd save me $12!

Black Dog Brewing company. Named after my black labradoodle who I thought would be in the logo. Also a big Led Zeppelin and rock music fan. This Beer Rocks.

I'm in the same boat as many others here. I'd like to have a logo to put on my labels, but just can never seem to make anything for myself. Even if it is simply fuel for your portfolio, that is fine. Hopefully this will spark some ideas..

I do not have a brewery name, I kind of think for myself, that would be conceited since my beers are nowhere near amazing. I'd like a very simple logo, which I understand could be hard without a name. Guess it's a good challenge if you need the work and I'll vouch for it and write you a good review for the portfolio if you wish.

- Simple black/gray/white and possibly bit of dark red or blue
- Trash polka style art is a favorite
- Text unnecessary
- Dark/macabre rather than light-hearted

If it is something you're interested in taking on, I can help brainstorm if needed. Not sure how far you are delving into each project. Good luck. Awesome idea for a portfolio as there will be no shortage for work.

You can sure give it a go if you're not worn out before you get to my post!

Drunken Wrens Brewing....its a play on my last name. I'd like to have a drunk, fun looking bird holding a glass or mug of beer.

http://www.canstockphoto.com/cool-bird-24082401.html i found this and was thinking about buying it and trying to put a beer in his hand, but never have done it. If you can come up with something, that'd be awesome, and it'd save me $12!

It will be easier to just draw one up then to try and alter that one. Should be fun.

I am working my way down as my time permits. Stay tuned.

Latest posts

Back