My Single Tier Brew Stand Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewTech117

Reaction score
So this is not much of a “How To” article as much as a documentation of my single tier brew stand I am building. I have been doing extract batches for more years than I should have (5 years) and have slowly been working on going to all grain. I figure a brew stand would work great as a project to bridge my extract and all grain. I can still use it to do my extract batches while I continually build up the system.

First off I’m no architect / Engineer etc! I’m a Diesel Mechanic / Parts guy in a small town with access to the equipment needed. Without this job @ Maga Trucking in Winnemucca (I have to give a shout out somewhere here) this would not be possible. All the equipment shown in pictures below belongs to them and is not my personal property. So as nice as the comments are about the shop and equipment none of it belongs to me, except a few hand tools and brewery equipment.

I did attempt to make a blue print. This image will be comical for those who do know how to do this, ill post it so you can have a good laugh. However most of the build was done in my head / on scratch paper and trial and error. I decided to go with 1 ¼ square tube in 1/8th thick for the entire frame. I had some debate about going with bigger like 2 inch but thought that it may be too heavy to move down the stairs into my brewery (Ill tag a link to my next thread on building my home brewery out of an old root cellar below my back deck at a later time)

So here goes:

Day 1: Cut and prepped all metal. I cut (4) 5ft rails at 45deg (I feel it will weld better this way and thought it looks cool) and (4) 2Ft sections for the sides. This will be welded together to make the “Top” and “Bottom” of the brew stand. I stopped here because somehow the height slipped my mind. I didn’t have my brew pots with me to find out how tall but assume 28 Inches or so would have worked.

Day 2 Lunch Break
Tac welded the upper and lowers started to warp a bit but ill fix that tonight.

Day 2 after work I welded the tops and bottom sections all the way arround than grinded the welds flat. Where I could. I learned I make a better grinder than a welder. Also the warping seemed to flatten back out. Ran out of time thanks to having to bbq dinner lol. So I called it a night honestly I have maybe 3 hours wraped up in the project so far. Tomorrow ill cut and weld the legs on and atempt to measure out the burner pads.

20160302_133449.jpg

20160302_133826.jpg

20160302_134020.jpg

20160302_134333.jpg

20160302_134516.jpg

Back