Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Best Brewing Weekend thus far!!!!

Old 03-03-2008, 04:21 PM   #1
Reverend JC
2500 gallons year to date
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Best Brewing Weekend thus far!!!!

Well, started off teaching a guy to brew saturday. Got started on time, had to do a few extra steps like kegging 5 and bottling 5 gallons then cleaning the fermentor for immediate use. Not a big deal but added about an hour and half to the brewday. Hit an eff. of 81% on my english mild, which now clocking in at 4.47% abv i am going to have to catogorize it differently. not a big deal.

Good brew day, hit eff, and 10 hours later have 11.5 gallons of beer bubbling away.

Then sunday.

I have some friends that have gotten into semi-commercial brewing (too long of a story to go into) and i went with them for the 6th batch of beer sunday. Adding 7 55lb sacks of grain to the mill sure is humbling to a home brewer, then cracking open a fat sack of Tettenang straight from germany, wow, it was awesome. Sampling a nice funky belgium brew form the 7 bbl fermentor was freaking great. and the schwarzbier that we brewed smelled and tasted out of this world.

Im rambling now but it was such a great experience and i can not wait to go back and do it again.

http://www.modernmonks.com