What brewery are you visiting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, which one is it? I don't recall any threads on what breweries we're stopping into for a pint, so why not start one.
I'm out at Fernson brewing having their porter on nitro. Cheers! :beer:

Bah... I would have met you if I would have seen this earlier.

That one is in Sioux Falls @Pappers_

@ Good People Brewing Co drinking El Gordo (RIS @ 13.9%) right now in Birmingham, AL. I work within walking distance, so nothing special for me. As far as soon to be visiting....I need a trip to Asheville, NC soon. Wicked Weed is calling.

Looks nice, Dave. I'm going to be up in the Twin Cities in June and need to figure out which breweries to visit.

Yep, in Sioux Falls.
In the twin cities, I suppose Surly is worth the trip; I've heard good things about Fair State's taproom but haven't been there yet. Lots of others to choose from.

Bah... I would have met you if I would have seen this earlier.

That one is in Sioux Falls @Pappers_

I make it out to Sioux Falls for work about once a month. I'll give you a heads up next time I head down there.

I am planning a bachelor party for my brother, in April. As part of the celebration, we are probably doing the South End Bender, here in Burlington, VT. That is Switchback, Zero Gravity, Queen City and Citizen Cider, all on foot.

That's on my list of places to visit when I'm in San Diego this summer visiting relatives. I hit up White Labs last summer and that was pretty interesting. They do a flight of one style with different yeast strains.

Did you try any of their franken-beers? They do a stout and an IPA with 96 different yeast strains. Makes the taste buds go woah!

Did you try any of their franken-beers? They do a stout and an IPA with 96 different yeast strains. Makes the taste buds go woah!

I'll have to give that a try next time. Sounds interesting... Whoa, indeed!

@ Good People Brewing Co drinking El Gordo (RIS @ 13.9%) right now in Birmingham, AL. I work within walking distance, so nothing special for me. As far as soon to be visiting....I need a trip to Asheville, NC soon. Wicked Weed is calling.

There is also Highland brewing co that opened their new tap room, Hi-wire brewing, and you gotta check out the Sierra Nevada Mills river location. And wicked weed opened up their funkatorium.....back on topic, I'll be hitting up Sierra Nevada tomrrow

Tuesday is no good. Have fun though, the Gandy Dancer stuff is pretty damn good.

Sounds like you're in SF quite a bit though... I'll keep some bottles handy, maybe I can toss you some HB one of these times.

Stopping at Prohibition Pig in a week on my way to Portland, ME. Should be around 12 breweries in a couple of days, hoping to come home with Dinner but might be a day or two too late.

Tuesday is no good. Have fun though, the Gandy Dancer stuff is pretty damn good.

Sounds like you're in SF quite a bit though... I'll keep some bottles handy, maybe I can toss you some HB one of these times.

I'm in SF every month or so. Maybe next time. I'll bottle up something and we can do a swap.

Stopping at Prohibition Pig in a week on my way to Portland, ME. Should be around 12 breweries in a couple of days, hoping to come home with Dinner but might be a day or two too late.

Sounds like a fun trip. Post some pics! :beer:

I hit up Pizza Port and Stone out in San Diego last week. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. Then I found Pliny the Elder on tap on Saint Patrick's Day down on 30th Street.

My work trip was better than yours. :)

Just got back from south Florida. Visited about a dozen breweries. Our favorites were J Wakefield and Concrete Beach in Miami, Funky Buddha and LauderAle in Ft Lauderdale and Islamorada in the Keys. Going to hit Orpheus here in Atlanta next week.

I hit up Pizza Port and Stone out in San Diego last week. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. Then I found Pliny the Elder on tap on Saint Patrick's Day down on 30th Street.

My work trip was better than yours. :)

Which Pizza Port did you go to?

Coming up next month:
Friday: Sierra Nevada Mills River
Saturday: Daughter gets married
Sunday: Wicked Weed Funkatorium

Day one was light due to the drive time: fiddlehead, magic hat, and now prohibition pig. Save the best for last as they have their own and: lawson's finest sip of sunshine, hill farmstead's Susan and Harlan.

Still in Maine but I think the trip is complete, need to let the liver rest. Ended up hitting:
Barreled Souls
Banded Horn
Run of the Mill
Shipyard
Rising Tide
Oxbow
Bunker Hill
Gritty McDuff's
Liquid Riot
Allagash
Bissel Brothers
Foundation
Austin Street
Maine Beer (missed Dinner by 2 days)
Bigelow

Chillin at Sierra Nevada tonight at the Mills River, NC location. Having some great beers and small plate food.

I really want to get down to the Asheville area again one of these days... S.N. hadn't opened up that location yet when I moved from NC to PA a couple years ago.

That's on my list of places to visit when I'm in San Diego this summer visiting relatives. I hit up White Labs last summer and that was pretty interesting. They do a flight of one style with different yeast strains.

Haven't been to S.D. in quite a few years, so much good beer there! I definitely want to make White Labs part of my tour next time I get out there!

Had a pretty good weekend. We hit Insurrection Ale works, Spoonwood brewing and HitchHiker brewing. I'm mostly an IPA/DIPA guy. Insurrection had a very good DIPA- el stoopido. Spoonwood had several good ones, Dragon chaser was my favorite from them. The only one I tried at hitchhiker was barbarian IPA. Grabbed a few glasses and growlers. Overall it was a success!

Had a pretty good weekend. We hit Insurrection Ale works, Spoonwood brewing and HitchHiker brewing. I'm mostly an IPA/DIPA guy. Insurrection had a very good DIPA- el stoopido. Spoonwood had several good ones, Dragon chaser was my favorite from them. The only one I tried at hitchhiker was barbarian IPA. Grabbed a few glasses and growlers. Overall it was a success!

@jimmerz, next time you're down in the area of Insurrection, you also should check out Apis in downtown Carnegie...our local meadery! Usually has at least one, sometimes two hopped meads -- not bittered, but deliciously fruity and aromatic.

Insurrection is indeed very good already, and the head brewer is already planning on expanding; wants to open up a satellite brewing site somewhere further out, perhaps South Fayette? Plans on having an open coolship to do more wild fermentations!

@jimmerz, next time you're down in the area of Insurrection, you also should check out Apis in downtown Carnegie...our local meadery! Usually has at least one, sometimes two hopped meads -- not bittered, but deliciously fruity and aromatic.

Insurrection is indeed very good already, and the head brewer is already planning on expanding; wants to open up a satellite brewing site somewhere further out, perhaps South Fayette? Plans on having an open coolship to do more wild fermentations!

Will do, thanks. I need more breweries in my area. (Mars).

Back