Looking for some suggestions on a dinner that I am planning in April. I am deciding to do a Smoked Grilled Martini style leg of lamb. With maybe a Apple Coleslaw.
I will be serving Apfelwein with the meal. looking for other suggestions, such as maybe complimetary seafood with the lamb or perhaps a type of starch. or perhaps an appetizer.
So my question is.. What would you serve with a smoked leg of lamb.
here is the recipe.
Martini Smoked Lamb
- 1 x medium chopped onion
- 2 x cloves garlic
- 2 x lemons, juiced
- 5 tbsp gin – (75ml)
- 2 tbsp kosher salt – (30ml)
- 1/4 cup olive oil – (60ml)
- 1 x 5 lb. leg of lamb - (2.5kg)
- 2 cups Cherry wood chips – soaking in cold water for ½ hour
- 5 cups Dry Cherry wood chips
Thanks for the input