Grainfather

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

actech

Reaction score
Ok been putting up lot of posts asking about stuff to go all grain,making shopping list and I stumbled upon the Grainfather. I think all I need is a little push to get me going. Seems easy enough for someone never doing all grain before. Someone with 4 kids in house to be distractions of monitoring temps.when looks like set a timer and all is good.
So does anyone got anything bad to say about it?
Got tax return money just burning a hole in my pocket:rockin:

My opinion
Get it now
You have obviously been looking and researching and you can`t find one bad thing against
Spend the money and order it
You will not believe how well this thing works until you try, now saying that, if you have money to burn, the 20l Braumeister is an awesome unit and does things I didnt even think were possible without a lot of work which is why the price bump is warranted (I have the GF, a brew friend has the BM)
You will not regret this purchase
Cheers
Paul

I have the grainfather and am very happy with it. There are multiple grainfather related threads under electric brewing. Check them out.

I pulled the trigger. igobru32 took my offer So now to wait......Is it here yet? Guess time to look up a couple recipes and order some GRAIN!!

The price is good, I say go for it... I own a Braumeister and I couldn't be happier. It's a joy to brew on and it's built like a tank.

My advice, check out the BM from Morebeer and also the system from Colorado Brewing Co. they have anotehr fantastic system build for the long haul like the BM.. Happy Brewing!

I pulled the trigger. igobru32 took my offer So now to wait......Is it here yet? Guess time to look up a couple recipes and order some GRAIN!!

Good decision sir and you wont regret it.I jumped into brewing and went all grain right off the bat and made my own mash tun/HLT out of coolers and did a gravity drain to my kettle which I boiled on my stove.Sure wish the Grainfather was around then as I would have bought one.

Enjoy the simplistic brew days and the WICKED beer you will create.

RMCB

.... Seems easy enough for someone never doing all grain before.... Someone with 4 kids in house to be distractions of monitoring temps.when looks like set a timer and all is good.
So does anyone got anything bad to say about it?
Got tax return money just burning a hole in my pocket:rockin:

Part 1, yes, plug and play, easy.
Part 2, uh, you still need to monitor this and the first time you will likely spend a fair amount of time, if I didn't see the post on your purchase below, I'd say if your main concern is turn it on and walk away, then look at the Pico brew. I own a GF and am very happy with the performance, just not a set a time and all is good type of operation.

If you don't mind what did you offer? On a very long GF thread here, there are folks who've purchased from this seller and done well, interested to read how low it can go! :)

Back