Good taprooms/bottle shops in St. Louis?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattv21

Reaction score
My wife and I are planning a short trip to St. Louis towards the end of February to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday. Never having been to the area, I’m seeking advice from others. What are some recommended places to check out while we're there? We plan on drinking plenty while we're there, and also planning on bringing a decent haul home with us. Where should I be spending all of my time/money?

Living only 60 miles from STL, I sure wish I could help ya out. Unfortunately I rarely venture that far north east unless it's to a cards game.

As far as breweries go Schlafly, Urban Chestnut, 4 Hands, O'Fallon, and Heavy Riff are some of my favorites.

For taprooms International Tap House and Flying Saucer are good places to check out.

For bottle shops the Wine and Cheese Place, and Craft Beer Cellar are good places. Craft Beer cellar also has a small bar in the back of the store that usually has really good stuff on tap.

Hope this helps!

All the breweries listed above are great. Modern brewery is pretty good too.
My new spot to buy beer is STL Hop Shop down on Cherokee street. They carry a great selection of hard to find and limited release beers from here in STL and nation wide.
Also hit up Friar Tucks and Randal's for a good selection of craft beers, wines and spirits.

I'll add Perennial and Side Project to what's already been posted. Craft Beer Cellar is a neat little bottle shop with a few unique drafts on tap usually. The beer scene here has grown immensely over the past 10 years.

cheers!

Back