First batch in bottles!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcounter

Reaction score
Well after 3 weeks I bottled my first batch. Only ended up with 40 bottles. I made the mistake of setting my bottling wand in the bucket of sanitizer releasing 8 beers into the bucket haha. Live and learn, I'll be ordering a spring wand soon enough. I'll try one just for kicks after a week and then leave the rest for 3-4. Let's hope it's not too bad.

40 is better than zero! congrats on the first batch!

I also had to switch to spring wand. the gravity ones just lost too much beer

what I also started doing was using a very, very short tube between the bottling bucket spigot and the bottling wand. I mean short. like so short the spigot and wand are basically one part. so I'm not moving the wand bottle to bottle, I'm bringing the bottle up to the spigot/wand.

had to raise the bottling bucket, I set it on another bucket, and the wand is about chest high when I'm sitting. so I can see the level of the beer in the bottle as it fills and stop it just as it reaches the top.

Well that's a hell of an idea! I will try that next time. Man I love this forum Haha. I have a new BMB fermenter on the way as well. I have three primaries now. It's about to get serious. Hoping to start doing full boils this summer. I'll be sure to let everyone know how she tastes. I'm thinking I may boil up my Oktoberfest with wyeast 1007 soon and embrace the cold for a good ferment.

Back