Chocolate cherry bomb beer extract recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drhall23

Reaction score
Does anyone have a decent Chocolate cherry bomb extract recipe for a 3 gallon batch?

That beer is awesome! Is it available now? I'll be in Western NY in a few weeks.

With that said, I don't know if that beer sees enough distribution to have clone recipes out yet. Do you think they add chocolate, or does the chocolate aroma/flavor just come from the malt? From how they describe it at the brewery, they make it sound like it's just from the roasted grains, but I have a hard time believing there's no actual chocolate in that beer.

I'm thinking of using this choconut porter recipe I made before, but add cherries instead of hazelnut flavoring.

8 lbs Dark LME
18 oz Chocolate Malt
18 oz Caramel Malt 80L
1 oz Northern Brewer hops (7.5% AA) for bittering
1 oz Perle hops (7.2% AA) for aroma
8 oz Ghiradelli unsweetened cocoa (by volume)
2 oz Hazelnut flavoring
California V Ale Yeast (WLP051)

I think some Simpson's pale chocolate might work in well-some people say it has a milk chocolate aroma/flavor. They use Bing cherries, don't they? As I recall, it was more of a sweet cherry than a tart one, so that is what I'd use. I'd also probably leave out the aroma hops.

Latest posts

Back