Budweiser - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Budweiser

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
clemson55
Recipes 
 
Nov 2005
Newport News, VA
Posts: 662
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts



Has anyone had the Budweiser Brew Masters Reserve 2007? My SWMBO bought it for me last night at a bar. Its a 46.5 ounce Grolsch Style bottle, it kicks in at 8.5% ABV. It was brewed in September of 2007. Its called a Dopplebock on the bottle but I'm not a style judge so I wont make any comments on that. It was a pretty good beer I thought, hid the alcohol content well, good flavor, little lacking in aroma. Probably not quite worth the $20 it cost but not bad.


__________________
Primary - Empty
Secondary - Empty
Bottle Conditioning - None
Drinking - Peanut Butter Oatmeal Stout, Barleywine, Saison, APA, Strawberry mead
In the Works - Summer Rye for my wedding, May 15, 2010

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:45 PM   #2
homebrewer_99
 
homebrewer_99's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2005
Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Posts: 17,792
Liked 132 Times on 99 Posts


Sounds like the A-B Marketing Dept has done its job perfectly...


__________________
HB Bill

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
boxerbrew
Recipes 
 
Feb 2008
Michigan
Posts: 63

I agree. Good job A-B!!!!

$20 for 46 oz. of beer????????

Thats approaching gold prices!!!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:57 PM   #4
Poindexter
 
Poindexter's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2007
interior Alaska
Posts: 1,195
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


Wow. I gotta agree with homebrewer_99 (again). You paid basically $20 for a four pack and you weren't impressed enough to look up the style guidelines at beertown.org before commenting.

No offense, it might be good beer, but for $5.00 for a twelve ounce, ya gotta at least look up the style guideleines for me to open my pocket too.

Had a Delirium Tremens lately? 750mL = 1 pint 9.4 ounces (16 +9.4= 25.4ozs) for about ten bucks. So 25 cents/ ounce for a wild Belgian.

2007 Brew Master's Reserve, you got (no offense) a forty for twenty bucks. 50cents per ounce.

Ummmm, not. If you were impressed enough to look up the style and throw me a bone, OK, maybe. Otherwise, curb one of those forties for someone with some street cred.

Thanks.

EDIT: Plus one for style since SWMBO bought it for you, and you drank the swill.

EDIT: Plus two for style since "dopplebock" is probably going to be the 09-09-09 brew. Report to Brewpastor my son, "Go forth and sin no more."


 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:02 PM   #5
Poindexter
 
Poindexter's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2007
interior Alaska
Posts: 1,195
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerbrew
I agree. Good job A-B!!!!

$20 for 46 oz. of beer????????

Thats approaching gold prices!!!
46 (troy) ounces of Au will set you back ~US$ 45,000 right now.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:38 PM   #6

Wow, double b!tch-slap all within five minutes...

In this lovely State I currently reside, a 12oz beer of decent nature runs around $2.50 to $8.50. A six-pack of anything decent is at least $12. I am extorted on a regular basis...
__________________
Every pirate lives for something different. For some, it's the open sea. For others (the masochists), it's the food. For you, it's definitely the fighting. Two things complete your pirate persona: style and swagger. Maybe a little too much swagger sometimes -- but who really cares? Arr!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:39 PM   #7
jeff967
Recipes 
 
Aug 2007
Swartz,La.
Posts: 144

Quote:
Has anyone had the Budweiser Brew Masters Reserve 2007?
yes and it is a very good beer. we get it here in a boxed set with two nice pillsner glasses,12.35$

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:04 AM   #8
clemson55
Recipes 
 
Nov 2005
Newport News, VA
Posts: 662
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter
Wow. I gotta agree with homebrewer_99 (again). You paid basically $20 for a four pack and you weren't impressed enough to look up the style guidelines at beertown.org before commenting.

No offense, it might be good beer, but for $5.00 for a twelve ounce, ya gotta at least look up the style guideleines for me to open my pocket too.

Had a Delirium Tremens lately? 750mL = 1 pint 9.4 ounces (16 +9.4= 25.4ozs) for about ten bucks. So 25 cents/ ounce for a wild Belgian.

2007 Brew Master's Reserve, you got (no offense) a forty for twenty bucks. 50cents per ounce.

Ummmm, not. If you were impressed enough to look up the style and throw me a bone, OK, maybe. Otherwise, curb one of those forties for someone with some street cred.

Thanks.

EDIT: Plus one for style since SWMBO bought it for you, and you drank the swill.

EDIT: Plus two for style since "dopplebock" is probably going to be the 09-09-09 brew. Report to Brewpastor my son, "Go forth and sin no more."

Settle down little fella, I trust that Budweiser isn't so stupid as to make a beer of one style then print a different style on their label. I have had Delerium Tremens and Nocturnum and Noel and I dont find any of them to be that special. I think Ommegang makes better Belgians for one. I thought it might be slightly overpriced but thats as much a factor of where I bought it too. There are plenty of beers out there that will cost you $4-5 for a bottle or like $8-10 for a 22oz so it wasnt ridiculous and I never said it was swill.

The SWMBO is pretty awesome when it comes to beer though.
__________________
Primary - Empty
Secondary - Empty
Bottle Conditioning - None
Drinking - Peanut Butter Oatmeal Stout, Barleywine, Saison, APA, Strawberry mead
In the Works - Summer Rye for my wedding, May 15, 2010

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:11 AM   #9
Matt Foley
Recipes 
 
Jun 2007
Posts: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by knipknup
Wow, double b!tch-slap all within five minutes...

In this lovely State I currently reside, a 12oz beer of decent nature runs around $2.50 to $8.50. A six-pack of anything decent is at least $12. I am extorted on a regular basis...
Ahhh Knip except for us in the south that have that nearby beer oasis known as Lee's Discount Liquor in Mesquite, NV!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:23 AM   #10
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Denny's Evil Concoctions's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2005
West Kelowna BC, Canada
Posts: 7,736
Liked 67 Times on 53 Posts


You guys note the part where he says His SWMBO bought ot for him in a BAR?

Sorry. People on here have been a tad grumpy lately. I blame it on the hop prices.


__________________
I may not be an expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express........ 6 months ago.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/denn...9/#post1766281

http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Tapro...ook_Repository

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Budweiser MeatyPortion Commercial Brew Discussion 12 11-04-2009 12:26 AM
Anyone ever tried budweiser? IrregularPulse General Beer Discussion 17 02-27-2009 03:11 PM


Forum Jump