High abv quick turnaround?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naraic

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking brew a high alcohol quick turnaround beer above 9%. I have an Imperial IPA planed I am wondering if there are any other styles or non style that are good relatively fast? By quick turnaround I mean for grain to glass in 2 months or less, I don't keg.
I know most high abv. beers benefit for extended ageing, I am also wondering what is the upper limit of abv. that dose not require long ageing?
Thanks

For 2 months or less at 9%+abv I would recommend an iipa or dipa. I made a dipa that hit 9.2% and was great at two weeks. No alcohol warmth at all under the super dank equinox hops.

I have an IIPA planed, I am looking for a recipe with a relatively sort balanced bitterness, might start another thread for that.

Yea, either an IIPA or a big stout or something to that effect. In an IIPA all the hops will help mask anything that would normally age out with time and with a big stout the darker grains I find help do the same. If it were me I'd go with an IIPA and just use a ton of whirlpool hops and dry hops.

Back