What is this nasty stuff?!? Some quick background: I made a 1 gallon batch of this exactly according to the recipe. After I racked it into another gallon jug to back sweeten, I added 1 gallon of Trader Joes Blackberry Crush right to the yeast slurry and added the honey. This nasty stuff formed within two days. I was hopping it would sink but after 2 months, it hasn't. I decided yesterday to rack off the mead that was under this. It was crystal clear and tasted fine(but real hot). I'm going to bottle this and age it to see how it comes out but is this some sort of infection? This is only my 3rd mead and my first time adding juice on top of a yeast slurry. Thanks guys!!
Primary: JAOM, RiceWine. Wine soaked raisin Apfelwein
Secondary: Skeeter Pee, Cyser, Tree Sap Cider,
Drinking: Milk Mead, Apfelwein, Grape Mead, Cranberry Pomegranate Cider, Cherry Berry Cider
Future: Strawberry/ Raspberry Cider , Apple Ginger Cider