Budweiser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, interestingly enough we can make their crap beer too.Sssssooooooo I fail to see where they are setting themselves apart. But hey when you're losing market share to craft breweries you gotta do something.

Polarizing media. Sells products. It's in their best interest to have us doing what we do.

Did you see the don't drive drunk commercial with the Brit lady and then she turns up a bud and says have a nice cold one. Wtf!!!

I guess that's good marketing now everyone is going to drink some bud! Lol!

I love my Bud Clamatos.:D

BudweiserClamato.jpg

What did they pay him to say he was going to drink some bud tonight! I guess that's good marketing now everyone is going to drink some bud! Lol!

I thought that too! Gotta be like Peyton lol. All the bud commercials as well were ridiculous tonight..

I respected the hell out of him, finishing like he is....until the "I'm gonna drink a lot of budweiser tonight"....annnnnnd gone is my respect.

I respected the hell out of him, finishing like he is....until the "I'm gonna drink a lot of budweiser tonight"....annnnnnd gone is my respect.

Ya know what? The same thought went through my mind when he said that too..But, then I REALLY thought about it..Would you, in the same situation, accept X-dollars if you mention our brand? I know I would, and NOT feel the least ashamed for it..I still respect the man..

I also think that there are a LOT of people that use 'budweiser' as a generic term for beer...

If that's the case about losing respect for the man because he took some money for advertisement then you can't really have respect for hardly any big name professional sports players because they all do it. It's just a part of the deal. Just like Pantherjon said, who's not going to take money for it. Doesn't even really mean he's going to drink the stuff.

I just saw a clip on the news, Payton saying he's going to drink some Bud, it's not like it's going to be replayed a thousand times, smart marketing.

And whether you like it or not it is by definition beer, not everyone has the same palate or expectation, or has tried anything different. They are great at advertising, and let's face it that's what drives a lot of people's decisions, good or not. I don't particularly like many extremely hoppy beers, therefore I don't drink much IPA if any. In many craft drinkers eyes this could be seen as outrageous, but I do enjoy many other styles. The attitude that "you should be drinking this or nothing else" does give a snob look to things. The attitude should be "to each his own". Enjoy what you like and who gives a **** if you don't like what I like. Great, more for me. It's a market economy, same with everything else.

Oh. That guy.

He's a Denver-ite now. He probably meant some sort of weed-beverage.

:D

I'm more surprised they took a swipe at home brewers. Not expecting that. I feel like a threat now [emoji12].

Well.....I've not spent one cent that went to AB/INBEV sinse their last superbowl ad. Looks like they wont be getting any this year from me either.
Sure,sure, they're rich and don't need `my` money but at each and every opportunity i get, i will try to convince people to try styles NOT the American light lager and also inform them of what namebrands are merely `bud` incognito (shock top for example)
Once people try other styles they usually like one or the other and often don't go back to BMC....a brew awakening if you will.

I just saw a clip on the news, Payton saying he's going to drink some Bud, it's not like it's going to be replayed a thousand times, smart marketing.

Just slingng more
pizza. He owns a vested percent in the Papa Johns in the Denver market. John had the Corp sale them for pennies on the dollar. Oddly enough, he bought in just before the legalization of certain substances passed. Smart move.

Well.....I've not spent one cent that went to AB/INBEV sinse their last superbowl ad. Looks like they wont be getting any this year from me either.
Sure,sure, they're rich and don't need `my` money but at each and every opportunity i get, i will try to convince people to try styles NOT the American light lager and also inform them of what namebrands are merely `bud` incognito (shock top for example)
Once people try other styles they usually like one or the other and often don't go back to BMC....a brew awakening if you will.

Yea, I drove to KY the other day (20minutes) to go beer shopping. Found old Milwaukee (not beast) for 3.87 a six pack. Why buy bmc for twice that. I grabbed one for old times sake.

Old Milwaukee premium or ice as my can't-afford-anything-else beer. A bit sweet for my liking though. they need to cut the crystal...maybe some corn or something a little...

If that's the case about losing respect for the man because he took some money for advertisement then you can't really have respect for hardly any big name professional sports players because they all do it. It's just a part of the deal. Just like Pantherjon said, who's not going to take money for it. Doesn't even really mean he's going to drink the stuff.

Absolutely. No matter what anyone says on here, everyone here would be willing to say "I am going to drink a lot of Bud tonight" if they offered you enough money, especially since the people who are going to be influenced by that comment are exclusively BCM drinkers as it is. The outrage is quite misplaced, since everything in professional sports is commercial, for one company or another.

Old Milwaukee premium or ice as my can't-afford-anything-else beer. A bit sweet for my liking though. they need to cut the crystal...maybe some corn or something a little...

Old milwaukee, brewed by pabst. Not milwaukee's best/ice, brewed by coors.

@bristei

According to published news reports, Peyton Manning has some ownership stakes in Bud distributorships, which might explain tonite's mentions

Well, he has skin in the game apparently. Betting those distributors are in the greater Denver area. More $ for him.
But, he buys in to what he likes. If the likes bud, then cool. Good for him.

Ya know what? The same thought went through my mind when he said that too..But, then I REALLY thought about it..Would you, in the same situation, accept X-dollars if you mention our brand? I know I would, and NOT feel the least ashamed for it..I still respect the man..

I also think that there are a LOT of people that use 'budweiser' as a generic term for beer...

It was meant to be a little exaggerated....obviously I wouldn't lose all respect for someone that has accomplished what he has, but it was certainly lame hahaha. Does he need that money? Hell no! Just think how much cooler that would have been if he said instead "we're going to be drinking some great local craft beer tonight!". What ever happened to the innocent "I'm going to Disney!" response!

What did they pay him to say he was going to drink some bud tonight! I guess that's good marketing now everyone is going to drink some bud! Lol!

I was too busy brewing to watch the superbowl. I had it on in the background though. And this is where I lost my $h!t

You don't think Disney paid them to say that?

How is this not the exact same thing?

Because Disney isn't buying out small craft breweries :D And just to clarify, I never related my initial post to money....it was strictly against AB, other's who responded chose to link it to money he may or may not have been paid for saying it....

To my understanding they didn't pay him anything, at least not officially. It's against league rules for players to endorse alcohol.

Two years ago, trade publication Beer Business Daily reported that Manning owned a stake in two Budweiser distributorships. Asked Sunday about Manning's interest in the business, Anheuser-Busch public relations staff could not confirm whether he was still involved financially. Manning's marketing agent, Alan Zucker, did not respond to comment.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said he has "no issue" with Manning's mention of Budweiser on Sunday, even though active players are prohibited from endorsing alcohol brands.

link

So while he might not have gotten paid directly, it's in his best interest to name drop them.

To my understanding they didn't pay him anything, at least not officially. It's against league rules for players to endorse alcohol.

link

So while he might not have gotten paid directly, it's in his best interest to name drop them.

Beat u guys by 3 hours, and I don't even use twitter. ;)

I heard Manning has money invested in two Budweiser distributors, hence the mention.

I, like many of us, started my love for beer by drinking Bud products. Hell, I used to love Schlitz and Old German. It was this love of beer that ultimately let me to Sierra and the rest is home brewing history. Point is, they have a place.

As far as American Lite Lagers go, Bud Lite is outstanding. And we (craft beer drinkers/home brewers) have often made fun of them for drinking their "yellow water" right?

Back