Keezer Drip Tray Mount - Seeking Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jiffster

Reaction score
I want to mount a drip tray to my keezer without drilling into the freezer or harming the freezer in any way. Any mount should use the collar to attach to or via magnet so I can change the design later if needed.

I thought about doing something like this.

Anybody have any ideas on what kind of pipe this is or how I should go about doing this?

mount.PNG
<a data-pin-do="embedPin" href="https://www.pinterest.com/pin/327285097899971365/"></a>

looks like the guy soldered 1/2" copper. probably had it laying around. definitely a unique solution to this common keezer issue. but expensive relative to most routes ppl take on here.

If you're not set on this route, consider using harbor freight magnets. they are cheap and plenty strong.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=567999

looks like black pipe painted with copper colored spray paint

The elbows and mounting flange don't look like copper. I think it's like Lewis said, black pipe painted copper. Never worked with black pipe, just wonder how difficult it would be to assemble something like that?

I also like the magnet idea at the link you provided bmbigda. I was concerned with magnets not holding or messing up the factory finish on my keezer. Looks like they will hold.... will they mess up the finish?

The elbows and mounting flange don't look like copper. I think it's like Lewis said, black pipe painted copper. Never worked with black pipe, just wonder how difficult it would be to assemble something like that?

It's all off the shelf pieces, even the nipples in between. Just have to get the right ones and assemble.

I also like the magnet idea at the link you provided bmbigda. I was concerned with magnets not holding or messing up the factory finish on my keezer. Looks like they will hold.... will they mess up the finish?

If you're worried about protecting the finish, cut a piece of duct tape or masking tape to cover the magnet surface where it will hit the keezer metal to act like a protective pad. Should be thin enough that it won't affect the magnetic hold.

I used a plastic drywall mud tray and some 3M super velcro strips. Under $10 and removeable.

If you're worried about protecting the finish, cut a piece of duct tape or masking tape to cover the magnet surface where it will hit the keezer metal to act like a protective pad. Should be thin enough that it won't affect the magnetic hold.

Good idea, thanks!

if you attempt to slide the magnets to level or lower the shelf then yes it will certainly take he paint off. but like auger said, just put some tape.

like I said in my build thread, the 4 magnets are more than enough. you have to hit it pretty hard to move it.

if you attempt to slide the magnets to level or lower the shelf then yes it will certainly take he paint off. but like auger said, just put some tape.

like I said in my build thread, the 4 magnets are more than enough. you have to hit it pretty hard to move it.

Excellent, thank you!

Back