Super Bowl food & beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slym2none

"Lazy extract brewer."
Reaction score
What is everyone making & serving for the game, if you're watching? I am planning on making carnitas and serve with both taco & nacho accouterments. Maybe a pizza and/or pepperoni-garlic knots.

Beer - whatever I pick up the day before.

Moose pepperoni sticks, big plate of Nachos, salmon dip, cheese and crackers, chips and maybe a couple of things I have saved on facebook I want to try out.

Beer I have a stout in the keg right now that's almost empty that will go into growlers and then I have a California Common that I will have on tap.

We do it low key at my in law's. Miller Lite and grilled wings and chips & dip. I'll bring a couple good beers to share with Dad probably.

I'm planning caramelized onion dip, wings and pizza

For beer I have an APA, robust Porter and pivo pils clone on tap

Low key at home. Smoked riblets (Asian mild and Asian spicy), chicken wings, pizza, chips & dip, some veggies too...For beer, it's just me, so probably my SMASH - Vienna/falconers flight pale ale.

I have an 8 pound pork shoulder to smoke, 6lbs of wings to smoke and fry, smoked salmon dip and some moose summer sausage. As far as beer, a hananero sour, 2 different ipa's and whatever commercial growlers I fill saturday

What is everyone making & serving for the game, if you're watching? I am planning on making carnitas and serve with both taco & nacho accouterments. Maybe a pizza and/or pepperoni-garlic knots.

Beer - whatever I pick up the day before.

Sounds great Slym.

Not sure what is happening food wise. Lunar New year so lots of food is planned. I'm taking back seat and focusing on football beer drinking and keeping kiddos in check.

Bacon wrapped smoked pork tenderloin, potato salad, 7 layer bean dip IPA humus, wings
Beers on tap 2 pale ale, cream ale, lager, brown ale, scotch ale

Miller Lite, T-bone steak on the grill and while its hot I'll heat up some chicken wings. I'll be bottling my Two Hooters American Amber Ale after the game. Its just me and my beautiful wife on Sunday. She's promised to give me a hand with the ale.

I kegged a pale ale yesterday, also picked up a 12 pack of genesee bock. Food wise, homemade chicken wings and a spent grain pizza from saturdays brew. I plan on just buying a bag of frozen wings and some buffalo sauce, so if anyone has any good methods to cook frozen wings in the oven, it would be greatly appreciated.

ps. I am not a chef and never claimed to be :p

Food: BBQ'd chicken wings. Recipe ---> LINK and whatever everybody else brings.

Drinks: On tap is my IPA and a brown. There's plenty of bottles of alt, cider, porter, and ESB. I also have ice water for all the vajooges, designated drivers, and children.

Hey Slym, where's your home brew at! I just finished brewing Denny Conns wry ipa and going to fix some fresh fried oysters a buddy got for me from the gulf!

I kegged a pale ale yesterday, also picked up a 12 pack of genesee bock. Food wise, homemade chicken wings and a spent grain pizza from saturdays brew. I plan on just buying a bag of frozen wings and some buffalo sauce, so if anyone has any good methods to cook frozen wings in the oven, it would be greatly appreciated.

ps. I am not a chef and never claimed to be :p

Alton Browns technique is a little bit of a pain but works great, they come out crunchy.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/buffalo-wings-recipe.htm

Sausage and broccoli rabe pizza and pulled pork tacos on the menu:D

Been going to a friends SB party for 27 years now...haven't ever missed one ...great time with some people I see only once per year. Tons of food and drinks...huge screen TV....lots of good clean ribbing back and forth. Game becomes secondary entertainment.

Hosts main dish is BBQ chicken and Beer Brats this year, we all work around what they decide as the main dish....We are bringing meat balls in my wife's special sauce and she is in the kitchen making some sort of a tuna pasta salad as I type this. For beer I will bring a 6er of commercial ( fat tire) as well as a 6er of my Amber ale to drink/share. Wife usually drinks 2 maybe 3 of the heavy handed constantly flowing margaritas.

Big 4 quarter pool...only time we gamble once per year. Just to have have some skin in the game so to speak.

Go Broncos!

I have 4 slabs of ribs on the smoker, bacon wrapped jalapeños, meatballs, and tons of dips to go with a glorious nacho bar. 2 kegs on tap; a wheat ale and a pale ale.

Just finished smoking a rack of ribs about do do some stuffed jalapeños and then salmon with a raspberry chipotle topping b

We went nuts after inviting friends over: 7 adults and 10 kiddos. Homemade soft pretzels, homemade beer cheese (HB Irish red), pigs in a blanket, orange glaze meatballs, meat/cheese plate, and baked potato bar. Plus whatever friend bring.

Beer will be HB imperial pumpkin ale, Irish red and cider, plus Sam Adams Cabin Pack. Stoked!!

Smoked wings, chips & queso fundido with fire roasted poblano vinaigrette, chips & blackberry habanero salsa, homemade hummus and veggies, mozzarella / tomato / basil salad, spiralized apples with caramel, and chips & guac.

Simple as possible: crock pot chicken. Been going on low for about 3.5 hours now, and it'll be ready just in time for half-time.

The wife is useless in the kitchen and I can't see or hear the TV from the kitchen, so the meal had to be pre-made. I didn't get to watch much football this year due to a long term basement renovation project so i plan to watch this entire game, unless it's a blow out.

Hey Slym, where's your home brew at!

My pipeline is minimal, if existent, at best. I did get some HB my buddy brewed, a brown ale, but even at 5 weeks in the bottle, it needs more time conditioning. Like, 5 more weeks.

:|

Does that wye work? Hmm, I've been doing 10g batches into two carboys by manually moving the hose back and forth... wow, great idea.

Didn't realize there was any other way. :)

Been doing it for 61 batches now that way. Splitting into 3 fermenters requires constant adjustment though.

Back