New product...The Dough Ball DESTROYER

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ha Ha Ha.. So I had a few of my distilling customers task me in creating a mash paddle they could use to stir, mix and mash their corn using a high power drill, while they were boiling their mash. Our whirlpool paddles were good but not able to to take the abuse of a heavy corn mash. So we got to work and built the "Dough Ball Destroyer". This thing will absolutely be the beat all, end all to any dough ball in your grain mash or corn mash.
I shortened up the paddles about 1/2" and then did a 4 point TIG weld to seal the deal.
I just got word back that they did their best to destroy it and absolutely failed. This thing I guess was able to mix a 80% corn mash at a commercial distillery so I know you guys cant hurt it....Have fun trying!:D

I am building them long, almost 31" long to get into those big mash tuns. But you know me if you want it custom built smaller just let me know. I'll hook you up.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com/store/Mash-Paddle-Jaybird-Dough-Ball-Destroyer.html

Stay posted. I'm gonna mix some concrete with it next week...LOL

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
that would have come in handy when making my yoopers oatmeal stout last weekend. it was a solid block of dough and took forever to break down with a traditional mash paddle. not sure i'd want to scrape up my stainless mash tun with one of those though.

:) :) :)

This thing is 1 bad mother. My dad just called me and said they have been using it all day to mix ReadyMIx for post holes..LOL

He said it worked far better than their old spiral mixer..... Ha Ha Ha... Maybe I found anew market for our brewing paddles..Nor Cal Brewing Solutions your concrete paddle mixer solution..Baaahhhhhaaaaaaaaaa

Cheers
Jay

Just wanna throw a shout out to Jaybird. He went above and beyond to fix an issue for me. The man knows what it takes to make his customers happy. Wouldn't hesitate to work with him again!

Video, video, video. You need to tease us by showing this terrifying monster in action.

Picture's worth a thousand words, video's worth a million!

Ohhh yeah for sure! Damn Victor has been sick for the last few days. I am CHOMPING at the bit to get one posted! I'll post it up here though VERY VERY soon!

Thanks for the shout out brotha' I'm on it..

Cheers
Jay

Alright guys. I set up a brew session at California Brewing Company (my old company) on Monday morning to demo the "Dough Ball DESTROYER". I thought about having some smoken hot chick with VERY large Ta Ta's doing the mixing. But then I though Nahhhhhh you guys wouldn't want to see that. Your not that kind of group.....Baahhhhhhaaaaaaa

Cheers
Jay

Video has been shot! Now for a little (LOTS) editing and get it posted Probably a couple of days till its ready. I am not the best at these videos so Victor has his work cut out editing LOL But HOLY CRAP I will tell you this, you are not gonna believe how well this thing worked in a 100 gallon mash tun. We doughed in at 1.3Qts per pound and I was able to get it to a whirlpool in the mash tun...Baaahhhhaaaaaaaaa even I was a tad bit amazed at how well it worked in such a large volume kettle.

I ended up giving the paddle to the master brewer as a gift. I mean how could I not..LOL

I cant wait till this one is done.

Cheers
Jay

Back