Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Argentina Cascade, any good recipes?

Old 02-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #1
Evan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Argentina Cascade, any good recipes?

these are pretty new to me, and considering they arent sub for american cascade, i was just wondering if any has used them and what they thought of them.

when i think cascade i think american pale ales and IPA's haha, so i'm having a hard time getting my head around maybe not using them in an APA or IPA.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
TexLaw
Here's Lookin' Atcha!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts

I poked folks about them a little while ago in this thread and no one seemed to know much about them. I think I'll have a chance to do something with them in a week or so. I was thinking about a Kölsch-like beer or something along those lines as a base beer, but with more hop character. I hope that will showcase the hops well.

TL

Drinking Frog Brewery, est. 1993

Old 02-28-2008, 10:42 PM   #3
Poindexter

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I have five ounces of AR Cascade in pellets @ 3.2% saved up.

I have been _thinking_ about using them in a PM oatmeal stout once I have enough AAUs in the freezer. Acutally I have enough for a basic PM, but I am looking at a bigger grain bill with a higher gravity boil....

I think an HBU for HBU take on EdWort's HausPale would showcase the bitter/flavor/ aroma components of the product very well. The AG version uses 13.2 HBUs total.

Personally I like beers bittered with nobles, but coming up with enough of them at 4 ounces per trip is a bother.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:39 AM   #4
Evan
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexLaw
I poked folks about them a little while ago in this thread and no one seemed to know much about them. I think I'll have a chance to do something with them in a week or so. I was thinking about a Kölsch-like beer or something along those lines as a base beer, but with more hop character. I hope that will showcase the hops well.

TL

i was sort of thinking a wheat like you talked about in your thread, or maybe a late add to an APA.

i'm pretty interested in using these, never know what it'll be, but it can't be that bad, haha.