Intertap beer faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiedog

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Who owns Intertap beer faucets (or are they too new)? I just saw these for the first time today, and they look good. I have been wanting to get 6 of the Perlick 630SS faucets, but just haven't had the money for them ($39.99 ea.). I saw Stainless Intertaps at Williams Brewing for $29.99, and they look comparable. :)

I just happened across these as well and thought "why have I never heard of these?" but I guess they just came out?

I was looking for a stainless stout faucet and most are over $100. You can buy an Intertap stainless faucet for $30 and a stout adapter for $13... so it seems like you can get a full stainless stout faucet for about $43 and you also have the benefit of being able to convert it to a regular faucet. They also sell growler fill adapters as well.

Only user experience will validate the design, and frankly the linked presentation was weak in spots, but I have to say I'm intrigued.
At that price range the line has the potential to wreak havoc in the forward-seal market...

Cheers!

At that price I'd say it's definitely worth trying out.

My thought too... in fact, I ordered a stainless one and the stout adapter. Hopefully it'll prove to be a good design; the shuttle they show looks intriguing. They also mention bringing out other nozzles/adapters like a sparkler adapter and a counter pressure bottle filling adapter (although the latter seems like it could be accomplished with the growler fill adapter.)

The Intertap looks just like the Ventmatic that I have. They work great. Better than any tap that I have seen.

Wow, just watched the video. Those are nearly identical to the Shirron/Ventmatic design. I wonder if the patent has now expired allowing others to use the design? I notice their internal shuttle is pointed to act as a locator on the o-ring, maybe this "enhancement" gets around the patent. Regardless of how they're legally allowed to make them, it looks like a very well thought out faucet "system". If they work as advertised, they're going to be the new top dog in faucets at that price point.

My thought too... in fact, I ordered a stainless one and the stout adapter. Hopefully it'll prove to be a good design; the shuttle they show looks intriguing. They also mention bringing out other nozzles/adapters like a sparkler adapter and a counter pressure bottle filling adapter (although the latter seems like it could be accomplished with the growler fill adapter.)

Counter Pressure actually lets your pressurize the bottle and purge with CO2 though. That would be very intriguing, as being able to counter pressure fill from the tap without getting out a seperate filler and opening the kegerator door would be amazing and would ensure for maximum freshness. That is the sort of that would be perfect for filling bottles for competitions.

Im looking at getting some new Perlick 650SS, but Im holding off until we get some reviews. These could be as good or better, and they are more affordable!

Great! Beersnob, I'm anxious to here your evaluation of these new faucets. As soon as I can recover from post holiday financial shortages, I want to buy a few too. I'm real interested in finding out how the Intertap "shuttle" mechanism works, compared to Perlick's seal design.

A gent in the homebrew group on Facebook has been using these (4 of them) for a few weeks so far and absolutely loves them.

I was ready to go for a 3 faucet Perlick setup but I'm thinking these instead...

I just ordered 5 from Williams. I'm putting together my keezer over the next 2-3 weeks. I was set on Perlick 630's, but these intrigued me enough, and the fact that I could save $50 for five faucets over the Perlicks at AIH was enough to make me a guinea pig......

I'll post when I get things set up and see how they do.

Williams says that they might offer the Flow Control model in May. That is a little long to wait for me. Assuming the reviews of these turn out to be well, does anyone know of any other place in the states selling them? Or some place shipping them internationally?

I watched the video at Williams. I think I love these taps. I might consider switching from the Perlicks. At the very end of the info, that guy talks about some very cool attachments like bottling filling (with a gas attachment), Teflon-coated spout for no-drip pouring, stout spout. I'd probably switch to their shanks so I could use that auto-close spring, too.

The only downside is that they're not US made. I admire companies like Vent-Matic that stick to US manufacturing. I don't mind paying more for that, but the Vent-Matic site doesn't mention all these cool add-ons that the threaded spout allows.

I wonder if they threads on the spout of the Vent-Matics will take the attachments from Intertap?

Just ordered 2 to replace my well aged chrome draft taps. Looking forward to the design of these.

I really want to know how the stout attachment performs. My kegerator is a regular freezer on top fridge and if I have the stout faucet attached, I have to remember not to open the freezer door.

I really want to know how the stout attachment performs. My kegerator is a regular freezer on top fridge and if I have the stout faucet attached, I have to remember not to open the freezer door.

I have a stout in the kegerator right now, I'll try to post a video tonight when I get them hooked up.

Good questions... wonder about the 425SS as well.

If I was Intertap, I'd use a different thread pitch just so they weren't compatible. That would ensure selling more faucets.

Quiet you. ( Mr. Peabody )

Good questions... wonder about the 425SS as well.

If I was Intertap, I'd use a different thread pitch just so they weren't compatible. That would ensure selling more faucets.

As a matter of fact the spouts are a different thread size and the washer for the spout is located differently and the shuttle is shorter than the VentMatic but everything else looks the same.
I have 5 VentMatic's and am trying the Inertap to see if it is as good. Will report in a month or so.

The FB video link didn't work for me.
Was it different from this one?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pecScHVShs0&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

Cheers!

Wait so is that black thing on the shuttle the Oring? Im guessing its not, but if thats the case how in the hell do you replace the internal Oring? Thats the only thing that troubles me so far about these otherwise they look amazing.

Long time lurker.

Got two of these because I was curious about the stout attachment and my 525ss faucets have been a consistent pain recently with leaks.

The design seems superior to my 525ss faucets, but it appears the manufacturer might have cut some corners to keep the price down. The exteriors look great but the interior elbow areas of my intertap faucets are quite rough (tried to capture this in the picture) and I have some worry that this might be a cause of concern regarding bacteria harboring. The interiors of the screw-in spigots are quite rough as well (a little hard to take a picture of this, but you can see the light catching "layers" of machining). I'm not sure if other faucets have rough areas of their interiors, but the insides of my 525ss faucets are completely smooth. I might look into some sort of Dremel attachment to try and sand the more jagged areas down a bit.

Overall my first impression is still positive due to what I perceive as a superior design, but I can definitely see why these faucets are only $29.

I will report back after these get some use in.

IMG_1765.JPG

IMG_1761.JPG

That is an o ring. To replace it you have to take the faucet appart, which is fairly easy

Is that the O ring they mention in their video? In the video they make it sound like the shuttle moves against the Oring, not that the Oring is around the shuttle. Not that it matters im just curious if that Oring presses up against another inside or if thats it.

I'm looking for shanks and springs and other attachments in the US. Also, o-rings. Anyone?

William's Brewing is the only authorized US distributor right now. They list another company too, but I couldn't find a valid website. I exchanged emails with William's and they were quick to respond to let me know they might get the flow control models in a couple of months. It would be worth asking if they can get the shanks and springs. They carry other products from Keg King, such as the new wort pumps, so I would imagine they will continue adding to what they are carrying, especially if people are asking for them.

I also have an email out to Keg King about the flow control. Their auto response says they are on holiday until the 12th. If they let me know of any other vendors, or will ship internationally, I will share that information.

Back