MS Paint doodles - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Label Display & Discussion > MS Paint doodles

Old 02-25-2008, 11:13 PM   #1
Kai

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Halifax, Canada
Liked 8 Times on 3 Posts

So I was bored on my overnight shift the other day, and did a couple terrible label doodles in MSPaint. I have no rights to any of the image components, I just rough-n-ready removed watermarks and text willy-nilly.

I have all the components to all of these available as separate files, if anyone cares. I think I lifted the banner image from Fullers. The green brick wall is stolen clipart, watermark removed; it's there because we call ourselves the Green Wall Nanobrewery (after a green brick wall in our apartment).

Obviously, because of the limitations of MSPaint, they're pretty ugly and unprofessional, but when I finally get my mind around GIMP or get a good OSX design program, I'll try something a little nicer. Maybe with matching colours, and integrated text, and prettiness.
Click image for larger version

Name:	house ale mockup.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	4552   Click image for larger version

Name:	best bitter mockup.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	4553  
Kegged: Christmas Ale
Bottle Conditioning:
Drinking: Saison Bātard

The Green Wall Nanobrewery
tibi non nolis

Old 02-26-2008, 12:33 AM   #2

Careful with the stealing, somebody might care. Here's a green wall with no protections, if you want it. Nothing fancy, just a red wall with its color readjusted.

Here's an OSX graphics program that's pretty sweet, called GraphicConverter. Shareware, I forget the price but very fair. It can't do everything Photoshop does, but it CAN do some things my lightweight version of PS can't do: http://www.lemkesoft.com/

Old 02-26-2008, 01:10 AM   #3
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2006
Denver, Colorado
Liked 168 Times on 88 Posts

Can you take a photo of the wall in your apartment and use that?

I think this could be a great label!

Old 02-26-2008, 01:25 AM   #4
Kai

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Halifax, Canada
Liked 8 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Careful with the stealing, somebody might care. Here's a green wall with no protections, if you want it. Nothing fancy, just a red wall with its color readjusted.

Here's an OSX graphics program that's pretty sweet, called GraphicConverter. Shareware, I forget the price but very fair. It can't do everything Photoshop does, but it CAN do some things my lightweight version of PS can't do: http://www.lemkesoft.com/
Thanks for the image, and especially for the tip, Oakwolf. I'll test out the program, and if I like it I'll put it on my list of things-I've-got-that-I'd-like-to-pay-for-eventually (so far the only non-albums checked off are HBT and Wikipedia).

RichBrewer, thanks for the encouragement. I'll need to get a working digital camera to take a picture of my apartment's green wall; IIRC, the matte paint on it didn't come out well last I tried.

I'll toy with these over the next [while] and post the results.
Kegged: Christmas Ale
Bottle Conditioning:
Drinking: Saison Bātard

The Green Wall Nanobrewery
tibi non nolis

Old 02-26-2008, 02:06 AM   #5

Cool, let us know what you come up with. I might dork with it myself sometime, but feel free to ignore my offerings.