is this enough material to make a single tier stand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vahunter1819

Reaction score
need some advice from the pros in this forum. Thinking about buying a stand of a fellow homebrewer in my area and converting it into a single tier system. Based on the pics do you think i have enough material here to turn this into a 3 burner single tier system? Maybe i would need to but a small piece or two to make some cross bars. who knows. Anyhow would love to hear some thoughts. Thanks! brewstand1.jpg

brewstand2.jpg

Looks a bit short - and the number of vessels and kettle sizing matters.

I'm guessing the longest pieces are ~four feet, and you'd have enough material to make a 48" long, rather squat, single tier rig.

If you're doing a three vessel rig for 5 gallon batches, and figure a 1.2/1 10g kettle is around 14" in diameter (not including handles, etc), that'd be a tight fit inside a 48" boundary, but might be doable.

Anything larger - or sticking say a 10g cooler MLT in the middle - is pretty much not going to happen unless you get longer stringers.

One caveat: that metal looks pretty thin. I'm not sure one could trust it to hold up to the worst-case loading once the heat gets to it...

Cheers!

Back