• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Hampshire Son of Fermentation Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dlaflamm

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I used this slightly unfinished Son of Fermentation Chiller for a couple batches and it worked really well. I'm sure it will work even better finished! I have (included) the dowels and molding needed to finish it - easy enough. I have a Chronical with FTSs now, so just don't need this. See the build plans in the link below for info on the molding and dowels (not my plans, I just followed them). Like I said, it works well as it is now.

$25 UPDATE: Now FREE!

Pick up only. 03304
PM me.

I used these instructions to build it:
http://www.wortomatic.com/articles/Remote-Sensing-DIY-Controller-for-Less-Than-$25

The only modification was using a digital thermostat as described here:
http://www.wortomatic.com/articles/Remote-Sensing-DIY-Controller-for-Less-Than-$25

I used the expensive extruded polystyrene, not the cheap pink/blue stuff. From memory, I think I paid at least $40 for the foam board.

Fermenter NOT included.
speidel-30l-in-son-of-fermentation-chiller-60585.jpg

Son of Fermentation Chiller.jpg

Inside 1.jpg

Inside 2.jpg

Inside 3.jpg

Last edited:
As it is it only cools? Would a heater (even just a can-light bulb) be easy to add with the current controls?

As it is it only cools? Would a heater (even just a can-light bulb) be easy to add with the current controls?

Right, as-is it just cools.

Yes, I think it would be easy to add a can light or similar with the current controls. The digital thermostat should be able to control both heating and cooling. I can't imagine the wiring would be difficult.

You NH boys need to jump on this. I've been using the SoFC for over 10 years, and it's one of the best, most economical fermentation chambers I can imagine.

I'm over in Webster and could pu if you still have it. Assume you are in Bow? Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back