MO+Wheat+Mosaic+3711=?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhys333

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking to use up a few ingredients and thought I'd try an off-style, over-hopped saison(ish) brew for my next batch. I have a few jars of what I think is WY 3711 French Saison, purloined from a bottle of Saison du Tracteur a few months back. Anybody tried something like this, or any thoughts/ideas for improvement on the following recipe?

MOSAIC SAISON
70% Maris Otter
30% Wheat
Mosaic @ 60 to 10 IBU
Mosaic @ 10 & 0 to 35 IBU (total)
3711 fermented coolish

I'm not trying to shoehorn this into the BJCP guidelines, just going for a tasty brew. Thanks in advance. :)

looks fine for a not-quite-saison. 3711 fermented "coolish" is relatively clean. Should be a decent, easy drinker.

Thanks all. Guess I'll go for it then. I decided to ferment cool to let the hops shine and surpress that 3711 dirty dishrag funk. I do love it for all its character, but I have a hankering for a crystal clear, clean beer this time around.

Might not hit your objective of a clear beer with that much wheat. When i want crystal clear and hoppy, I use 007.

I find 3711 drops so clear it looks filtered. Funny since they call it a low floc yeast. The last saison I did with 15% oats even dropped clear. 7-10 days lagering usually does the trick for me.

Back