Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Hops Growing > Is this normal for hops?

Old 02-26-2008, 04:20 AM   #21
DeadDoc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykayel
So, would it be benificial for hops (and tomatoes or any other pant...) to much the base or the entire garden bed to help maintain the water after watering in the morning?
Just make sure you don't have too much mulch there for when you water the next time and so on that the all the moisture is being kept in the mulch and not getting into the ground and that the area isn't super moist where mold and fungus will grow. For my tomatoes and other plants I had a small layer of pine straw around the plants.

If you can avoid watering at the peak hour of sunlight.... it will cause the least amount of water to get into the plants. And always avoid watering when there is a lack of sun ie depending on area like 6pm till 6am. That will cause nasty plant problems and can cause them to be killed off by fungus.

Insert Name Here Brew Club

Black Forest Brewery
My Keezer

Primary: Amarillo/Citra IRIPA
Secondary: - - -
Aging: - - -
Drinking: Witbier | 342 IPA | Hoppy Stout
Recently Kicked: Belgian Dark Strong Ale